Pharmacy Schools with No Pre-req deadlines?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaybeDrWhen

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a non-traditional student that's already graduated with a B.S. and have been working since school. I'm currently retaking some of my pre-reqs because they're outside of the 7-10 year time window. I've spoke with some schools and have been told that they're willing to accept/waive those dated classes if I submit a letter of appeal, but I'm also wondering is there a list of schools that DON'T have a deadline on pre-reqs? Thanks for all of your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! I'm a non-traditional student that's already graduated with a B.S. and have been working since school. I'm currently retaking some of my pre-reqs because they're outside of the 7-10 year time window. I've spoke with some schools and have been told that they're willing to accept/waive those dated classes if I submit a letter of appeal, but I'm also wondering is there a list of schools that DON'T have a deadline on pre-reqs? Thanks for all of your help!

I’m not tracking a list of schools with no deadline of completed pre-reqs. That said, many can be waived depending on your job description. If you have worked the past 7-10 years as a lab researcher or AP chemistry faculty member I’m sure many of your courses can be waived.

Second option is simply go to the school locator site and cold call programs:

School Locator | AACP

All have waivers, but you’ll need to speak with registrar and admissions office with a filled out pre-req worksheet and official transcripts to get the best answer.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m not tracking a list of schools with no deadline of completed pre-reqs. That said, many can be waived depending on your job description. If you have worked the past 7-10 years as a lab researcher or AP chemistry faculty member I’m sure many of your courses can be waived.

Second option is simply go to the school locator site and cold call programs:

School Locator | AACP

All have waivers, but you’ll need to speak with registrar and admissions office with a filled out pre-req worksheet and official transcripts to get the best answer.

Another approach would be to offer to take a couple of the classes online and do well in them. By doing this approach, you could plausibly convince the school that you still know your stuff and hopefully get those dated classes waived.

Members don't see this ad :)
will doing well on the PCAT recently help their case?

I hate to say this but if your pre-req GPA is awesome as a non-traditional student. you are wasting your time with Pharmacy school. Schools that do not require pre-reqs shows that they have no standards and are money making scams.

pm me

I hate to say this but if your pre-req GPA is awesome as a non-traditional student. you are wasting your time with Pharmacy school. Schools that do not require pre-reqs shows that they have no standards and are money making scams.
TBH as long as it's accredited it doesn't matter what pharm school you go to. Employers don't care if you went to a top 5 school or a diploma mill. Got a pharm d? check? Are you licensed? check will you work for 80k a year? check.

TBH as long as it's accredited it doesn't matter what pharm school you go to. Employers don't care if you went to a top 5 school or a diploma mill. Got a pharm d? check? Are you licensed? check will you work for 80k a year? check.
Schools that are accredited require prerequisites. Sure employers from retail do not care. But if you want hospital residency, you would be better off with a in-state school that is accredited with pre-reqs. because they have a good network. anyways, regardless, the job market is terrible for a pharmacist. you will not get a full time job as a pharmacist. the days of making 100 to 130k are over.there is no 10,000 dollar signing bonus from retail. hence, most people are doing residencies. But, why do a residency when you could have just applied to medical school and done the same thing, a residency. This coming from a recent a graduate of a established pharmacy school. Do Nursing or PA? Better quality of life and do more patient care service than a pharmacist

Last edited by a moderator: