Pharmacy Students: what is your plan for the summer?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by BMBiology, Mar 14, 2004.

1. BMBiology

BMBiology temporarily banned~!
    15+ Year Member

This summer I will be working at Kaiser as an Intern. I would like to do some traveling and of course fishing. What is your plan for the summer?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dgroulx

dgroulx Night Pharmacist
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I'll be working at an Eckerd that is a "Patient Care" pharmacy. There are only a handful of these stores in Albany, Atlanta, Buffalo, Dallas, Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Tampa. They have a counseling area and do brown bag consults and health screenings on site. It's a high volume store and is considered to be their flagship store in the area. I'm hoping to learn a lot. I sign my papers tomorrow and begin training on their computer system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Caverject

15+ Year Member

Im going to school during the summer. :( But I do get out in 3 years instead of 4! :clap:

4. MNnaloxone

MNnaloxone DY-NO-MITE!
    7+ Year Member

Taking my boards. Then start getting paid. :D

5. lord999

Pharmacist Faculty Moderator Emeritus Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist, Academic Administration
    Taking my boards, then start getting paid, then go back to school for another six years!:confused:

6. pharmel

pharmel Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Going to France to say goodbye to free time! A friend and I are leaving the husbands and kids at home for a week+ of frolicking around France. I'm still working on plans. Any Suggestions?:D

7. badxmojo

badxmojo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i dunno what i'm gonna do. I applied for a hospital internship..but that didn't come through.. so now i'm kinda at a loss. I want to try and get some expereince shadowing some clinical pharmacists this summer.. but i also need to make some bling.

8. dgroulx

dgroulx Night Pharmacist
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    It's hard to get a hospital internship. There was only 1 slot available for our entire 1st year class. I didn't even bother applying and got a retail internship instead. I also need the cash.