Pharmacy supervisor for retail phain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharm00123

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was wondering if any of you have experience being a pharmacy supervisor for a retail company and what it is like? What are the responsibilities and a typical day like for a sup?
 
If you are referring to the PIC position that is state specific. Pharmacy manager in the absence of PIC accountability could occur but would be company dictated. For example in CA a big box DM "suggested" I claim management status to avoid union membership requirements. I was a rookie and the store I was placed in already had a senior employee in the actual manager position with the PIC accountability. Why is this important? Because now the union pharmacists are secure and only leave that chain for retirement. Just a word to the wise.