Pharmacy Tech Interview!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I learned that in different areas, they do prefer pharmacy students, but in my area, it seems as if being a pharmacy student is almost a bad thing. I always tell them I'm an upcoming pharmacy student to HOPEFULLY lift up my qualifications, since I've only volunteered. But, they usually go.. "wellll.... we need someone who's flexible.. and your p1 year will be very difficult.. which means that you won't be able to work very many hours during the school year..." I've literally been to 20 stores (grocery and retail). While most of them aren't hiring, the rest prefer experienced individuals without much schedule constraints, especially into the fall semester.

I would definitely take the job offer. It's amazing how there is a pharmacy at every corner, yet I can't manage to get a job. Any sort of experience could help you for a prospective job in the future.

A friend of mine in a different area told the store that she's a pharmacy student, and the store manager was automatically interested in hiring her no matter what. Again, depends on your area.

I think being a pharmacy student is a benefit to getting hired. It must be that my area is saturated with interns and pharmacy student technicians.
Thats a shame...somebody should give you at least one day a week. Especially being a P1.

Members don't see this ad.

So I just finished applying to CVS and Walgreens online. I know the exact locations that I want to be hired at, is it recommended that I come in person to those locations and ask about available positions? If I do end up going into those locations, what exactly would I say to the pharmacy manager? I'm not good at coming up with things to keep conversations going and I don't want to be standing there looking like an idiot in front of my potential interviewer/boss. I've already done that once before.

Also, Rite-Aid and Target make you come into the store to apply. So besides these four giants, did I miss any others that I should be applying to? I'm not certified/licensed.

So I just finished applying to CVS and Walgreens online. I know the exact locations that I want to be hired at, is it recommended that I come in person to those locations and ask about available positions? If I do end up going into those locations, what exactly would I say to the pharmacy manager? I'm not good at coming up with things to keep conversations going and I don't want to be standing there looking like an idiot in front of my potential interviewer/boss. I've already done that once before.

Also, Rite-Aid and Target make you come into the store to apply. So besides these four giants, did I miss any others that I should be applying to? I'm not certified/licensed.

I think you can apply to Wal*Mart without a certification... I think.

By the way, have I ever told you your avatar creeps me out? :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you can apply to Wal*Mart without a certification... I think.

By the way, have I ever told you your avatar creeps me out? :p

No... you didn't. But now I'm going to change it asap :scared:

I know I shouldn't be picky, but Wal*mart is the one pharmacy I don't want to work at. My local Wal*mart only has two tiny windows that allows for interaction with the pharmacist/technicians. You can't really see what's going on behind the counter at all, it feels very closed off.

I'm not cetified either. Just tell them that you are pre-pharmacy and you want to be a pharmacist. That worked for me. You sound nervous and young. I'm in my mid 30's and have tons of interview experience and I pretty much know what to say and what not to say during the Q &A session. Just relax...you'll be fine :)

P.S. Apply to all of them: big ones and small ones...even the independent pharmacies...somebody will hire you...it may not happen tomorrow, but it will happen eventually. Sit and be patient. It worked for me.