Pharmacy Technican In Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacy89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently in college to become a pharmacy Technican, in Arizona is it true that you can't be a Pharmacy Technican if you have STDs or AIDS? Do people have to disclose that kind of information to get hired. Since it is a health field. Please explain...

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently in college to become a pharmacy Technican, in Arizona is it true that you can't be a Pharmacy Technican if you have STDs or AIDS? Do people have to disclose that kind of information to get hired. Since it is a health field. Please explain...
Typically the general responsibilities of a pharmacy technician does not require sexual contact with patients/co-workers. Often, it may actually be prohibited. This along with the fact that the ADA protects people with HIV infections, I doubt they could deny to issue you a license/employ you anywhere. As for other STI's, I am even more confident that they would not be an issue (though this is speculation; I have no knowledge of AZ laws).

Reactions: 1 user
I am currently in college to become a pharmacy Technican...

Wait. What!? Can you get a refund and become a tech without paying tuition? You are wasting a ton of money.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Typically the general responsibilities of a pharmacy technician does not require sexual contact with patients/co-workers. Often, it may actually be prohibited. This along with the fact that the ADA protects people with HIV infections, I doubt they could deny to issue you a license/employ you anywhere. As for other STI's, I am even more confident that they would not be an issue (though this is speculation; I have no knowledge of AZ laws).
Thank you I've been trying to find out the same the question can up in a discussion we had at school but no one actually knew the answer and I couldn't find anything online.

Wait. What!? Can you get a refund and become a tech without paying tuition? You are wasting a ton of money.
I am actually not paying for my education I am attending on Grants and Scholarships

Why don't you just download the application and see what questions they ask? It's even easier than posting on an Internet forum. And the answer obviously is no.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile

Why don't you just download the application and see what questions they ask? It's even easier than posting on an Internet forum. And the answer obviously is no.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile
Well, they were asking about getting hired, not getting a license. Since the ADA doesn't fully apply to companies with under 15 employees, there could be an example out there where STI/HIV infection could prevent employment. It's just very unlikely.