Pharmacy Technician License Renewal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HealingTouch23

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently a pharmacy student. I also have a pharmacy technician license. Do I need to renew with both the CA Board of Pharmacy as well as the PTCB? And other than that, is it an advantage to still renew my technician license for my CV? I will need to find time to do 20 hours of CE during pharmacy school though.
 
I was under the impression that you couldn't hold both a technician license as well as an intern license at the same time?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For some reason I have both a intern and a technician license under the board. I probably don't need to keep the technician license. I was wondering if it was advantageous to keep just for the CV.
 
Not helpful CV-wise. I have both. Students at my state school were told to keep both "just in case".