Pharmacy Technician: Mass retail vs Gocery?

IrishRxMan

10+ Year Member
May 2, 2008
  1. Pharmacy Student
Wondering if anyone can advise if it's better to work in a grocery store pharmacy or a mass general retail store pharmacy as a pharmacy technician and why?

That's not an easy question to answer because of the subjectivity of the question. It all comes down to personal choice. Some find it easier and like it more in a hospital or at a major chain. It all depends on you and what you will like or put up with. You won't know until you try it. A lot of it comes down to company policy and the people you work with.

About the Ads

justjack

10+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2007
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i guess to clarify, i was wondering about the foot traffic between the two. it seems like people are more likely to drop off their prescriptions at a general store vs a grocery store.

so it seems as if working in a grocery would have less customers and work to do than at a mass retailer.

however i'm a guy and i hardly buy groceries, that could lead to my being biased

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.