Pharmacy Technician

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nerdgirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I need to find a pharmacy technican position and I can't find any for the past 6 months. Can anyone share or advise? Can you share if you are volunteering too on how you got the volunteer position? I need some experience.

Thanks.
Eva

Members don't see this ad.

Where are you located? Maybe I can help..

If you are certified or have experience, make a resume and pass it out like crazy. I passed out 17 w/ only 2 calls. If no certificate or experience, still make a resume and pass it out like crazy

Members don't see this ad :)
How does one go about getting a certificate for pharmacy tech? Does this apply to every state, ie. Georgia?

I've been trying for months to get a job as a pharmacy tech, or at least a clerk. I haven't gotten far though... probably because I have no work experience.

How does one go about getting a certificate for pharmacy tech? Does this apply to every state, ie. Georgia?

I've been trying for months to get a job as a pharmacy tech, or at least a clerk. I haven't gotten far though... probably because I have no work experience.
ptcb.org

national certification, some states require you to do it in their state as well, but its alot easier with the ptcb license

I got ptcb certification and couldn't find anything around for a few months already. I wonder if me being a tall foreign male got anything to do with it. I am in mid-TN

I got ptcb certification and couldn't find anything around for a few months already. I wonder if me being a tall foreign male got anything to do with it. I am in mid-TN
I said it another thread, but just pass out a TON of resume's . Apply every pharmacy within 15 miles. Every one. Even if they are not hiring. Look them up the in the phone book or online. The more you pass out, the better chance you have

Hi guys!
I need to find a pharmacy technican position and I can't find any for the past 6 months. Can anyone share or advise? Can you share if you are volunteering too on how you got the volunteer position? I need some experience.

Thanks.
Eva

Try volunteering at an independent pharmacy. I work at one and I have seen people that volunteer there get hired as techs once they get their certification. At independent pharmacies, the owner is on site and can make that decision without the approval of higher-ups.

Check out new places also. I got my job at a brand new store before it even opened. I applied about 3 months before we opened our doors. I figured I had a better shot at a job if I did it prior to opening. I was right because sure enough once the doors were open applications flew in like crazy. It is a grocery store so I'm not sure how many of those apps are for the pharmacy but in the HR manager's office she has a stack that's been growing and growing. I am not certified, I'm trying right now to find out if the company will pay for the test fee. I hope to become certified though in the next 6-9 months, regardless of if they pay for it or not. I also had only one prior job that was about 6 years ago. In the time between then and now I've been basically taking care of my family (I have 2 kids and a husband) and didn't need to work. I still don't "need" to work but we all know the reason why a pharmacy job is good. Good luck on your search! Apply everywhere. Prior to this job I looked in the 30 mile radius around my house. I was willing to drive almost anywhere.