Pharmacy Technicians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BubTheZombie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For any pharm. techs out there: does taking a pharmacy technician course at a college raise the salary for when you actually start working in a pharmacy? The state I live in doesn't require us to take classes at all, but I will if it means my entry-level salary will be higher. But, if the classes have little to no effect on salary, I suppose I'd just buy a PTCE study guide book and then take the test (the quicker I get into a pharmacy, the better; I hate the job I have now with a passion).

Members don't see this ad.

There is no pay difference whatsoever.

Reactions: 1 user
1) Thank you for your response, you've been very helpful.

2) It's cool that you're going to the U/H College of Pharmacy. I just got accepted into U/H a few days ago. Can't wait to start!

Members don't see this ad :)
1) Thank you for your response, you've been very helpful.

2) It's cool that you're going to the U/H College of Pharmacy. I just got accepted into U/H a few days ago. Can't wait to start!

Woo hoo UHCOP is great! Congrats on getting in! And good luck on the PTCB

Reactions: 1 user
It's completely up to the hiring manager and how well you sell it during the interview. Personally I have started people from tech school at a higher rate than people off the street and I have started them at the same rate. Just depends on how well they do during the interview to convince me they deserve more.