Pharmacy Technicians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BubTheZombie

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For any pharm. techs out there: does taking a pharmacy technician course at a college raise the salary for when you actually start working in a pharmacy? The state I live in doesn't require us to take classes at all, but I will if it means my entry-level salary will be higher. But, if the classes have little to no effect on salary, I suppose I'd just buy a PTCE study guide book and then take the test (the quicker I get into a pharmacy, the better; I hate the job I have now with a passion).
 
1) Thank you for your response, you've been very helpful.

2) It's cool that you're going to the U/H College of Pharmacy. I just got accepted into U/H a few days ago. Can't wait to start!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's completely up to the hiring manager and how well you sell it during the interview. Personally I have started people from tech school at a higher rate than people off the street and I have started them at the same rate. Just depends on how well they do during the interview to convince me they deserve more.