Pharmacy the next Wells Fargo?

Started by vardenafil
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vardenafil

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got a visit from my DPM. He wants 20 flu shots by the end of the day. He jokingly told me or at least I assume he was joking to squirt doses into the sink if I had to. My DPM is getting pressure from his bosses to increase metrics which in turn he puts the screw to us. This got me thinking... with all of the unobtainable metrics and numbers that they require from us. How long until pharmacy becomes the next wells Fargo with made up customers and forged numbers to make the bosses happy.
 
It's funny. I was reading an article saying how Wells Fargo was such a horrible place, they sometimes made employees stay after for up to an hour without pay.

...Here at cvs that's actually an every day norm... (plus no lunch, bathroom use, sitting, etc)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why do you assume this isn't already happening? Just look back at posts over the past 1-2 years from folks describing how they game the metrics to their advantage.
Because it sounds like insurance fraud. Gaming the metrics is one thing, but stealing money from insurance companies seems way more risky.
 
In my district, if your readyfill is low, the supervisor will harass you with conference calls and make you do a million "action plans" until you get your number up. So most team leaders just enroll everyone in medicaid and call them endlessly to pick up scripts they don't want or need. I had a lady tell me she had over 21 proair inhalers and doesn't need anymore. Apparently she thought she was required to pick it up monthly. Imagine if the state and other insurances found out how much money they lose paying for prescriptions people don't want.
 
The flu shot goals are laughable. Last time my supe sent the running totals, there wasn't a damned store in my district on pace to reach their goal. My old store was about 1/5th of the pace they "should" be. I could just imagine the **** they are dealing with.

But you are right. Metrics are pointless and only appear to exist to be juked by the clever/ruthless and failed by the honest. It's all a house of cards.

Thank god they gave me the gift of floating. One of the best things I've ever fallen ass-backwards into.
 
I just got a visit from my DPM. He wants 20 flu shots by the end of the day. He jokingly told me or at least I assume he was joking to squirt doses into the sink if I had to. My DPM is getting pressure from his bosses to increase metrics which in turn he puts the screw to us. This got me thinking... with all of the unobtainable metrics and numbers that they require from us. How long until pharmacy becomes the next wells Fargo with made up customers and forged numbers to make the bosses happy.
I'm sorry you guys get stuck with this