PharmCAS deadline clarifications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ma222

Reaction score
Happy PharmCAS season everyone.
Can someone clarify some things for me..
The school I'm applying early decision to has a deadline of September 3rd. Does that mean I have until approx. September 2nd to have my application submitted as well as the transcripts (which I have already arranged to be sent), official PCAT scores (arranged, as well), letters of rec, personal statement, etc.
I don't know why I get more confused the more I look into what I have left to do.
Another thing- I took dual enrollment in high school (Intro Psych and Soc classes). Do I have to send transcripts from the community college I took those classes at in my senior year of high school?
And by what date should my letter of recommendation people submit their letters??
I know there's processing times for everything. So if my application is due by September 3rd and it takes days if not weeks for PharmCAS to verify everything I've inputted, doesn't that mean I have less time than I thought (ergo, I don't have until September 2nd?)

Members don't see this ad.

Happy PharmCAS season everyone.
Can someone clarify some things for me..
The school I'm applying early decision to has a deadline of September 3rd. Does that mean I have until approx. September 2nd to have my application submitted as well as the transcripts (which I have already arranged to be sent), official PCAT scores (arranged, as well), letters of rec, personal statement, etc.
I don't know why I get more confused the more I look into what I have left to do.
Another thing- I took dual enrollment in high school (Intro Psych and Soc classes). Do I have to send transcripts from the community college I took those classes at in my senior year of high school?
And by what date should my letter of recommendation people submit their letters??
I know there's processing times for everything. So if my application is due by September 3rd and it takes days if not weeks for PharmCAS to verify everything I've inputted, doesn't that mean I have less time than I thought (ergo, I don't have until September 2nd?)

1) Everything needs to be submitted by September 3rd. To avoid any confusion, have everything squared away and sent out by September 2nd.

2) If you took dual enrollment courses at a community college that was put out in the high school setting your senior year, then yes. You need to have those transcripts submitted to PharmCAS just as much as any other university course.

3) Your letter of recommendations need to be submitted prior to the deadline. Matter of fact, I'd tell them it needs to be submitted by September 1st to keep things simple.

4) It'll always take time to process. PharmCAS wasn't up and running until this month hence early admission is at the beginning of September. As long as everything is submitted before the due date, the processing time can take as long as it needs. However, you are strongly encouraged to take an official copy of all your transcripts and type them into PharmCAS period-for-period letter-to-letter and number-to-number. If your courses are not typed in exactly as it shows on your transcripts, PharmCAS can kick it back. If its 1 or 2 courses that need fixing, PharmCAS will fix it themselves. I wouldn't risk that though.