PharmCAS extensions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDoReMe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first time applying for pharmacy school and I've pretty much applied to the schools I want to go to, but I got an email that PharmCAS listed a bunch of schools that were currently willing to "extend" their deadlines.

My question is that since I've already submitted the PharmCAS application, if I call and ask to apply to a school (ex: Temple), how will they get my PharmCAS app? Sorry if this sounds confusing or stupid, I'm just not sure how that works. I called a school today and didn't get a response, so hopefully tomorrow or something I'll get a call back. I just wanted to ask on here first if anyone had any experience with such a situation!

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure in PHARMCAS there are instruction on how to add more schools after e-submitting go to FAQS>Pharmacy Designations> There is a paragraph regarding the steps to add schools after E-submitting

You're able to add additional programs even after submitting your pharmCAS application. After adding the program, pharmCAS will send your application to the school.

Oh, yes! You're right. The problem I encountered however was that, since the deadlines have technically 'passed,' I'm not able to update the designations at the moment. I think/hope after I get word back from the individual schools that PharmCAS will allow me to designate them! I just wasn't sure if there was anything I could do right now, or if I was still missing anything. Thank you for that, though!