PharmCAS References

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kurtis88

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm hoping to receiver some advice/ get some questions answered regarding the reference section of PharmCAS.

My entire application is complete except for the reference section. I am not sure what is taking my references long... Anyway I know I can submit my application now and send out the requests from PharmCAS later.

I am wondering how this works exactly. Lets say on my PharmCAS list there is a school which requires 3 references, and I have 2 right now. Do I get auto denied from this school? What if I receive the reference later? Do I enter consideration again? Or am I delayed until the final day of applications then denied if my references do not get in? This is particularly detrimental for schools with rolling admissions. What if a school originally denies me and a reference could have made the difference?

I also noticed that some schools only accept 2 references. How exactly do I choose which 2 they receive from PharmCAS if I have 4 uploaded? I'm assuming I cannot. Does anyone know how these schools pick which references they look at?

I am struggling with deciding if I should submit my application now to get my GPA calculated by them and my application finalized, or if I should hold out a few weeks to see if I can garner the remaining of my references. Can anyone that has sent reference requests after they submitted their application help me out?

Thanks a lot,
I really appreciate all the help

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Kurtis88! Take a breather! I completed my application at the end of July but I was missing 2/4 LORs, I went ahead and got my app verified since it takes 4-5 weeks (especially during this time). The schools will not receive your application until it has been verified, therefore the people who are writing your letters still have a lot of time. Even when the app has been verified and sent to your designated schools, your file is basically "on hold" until they receive all required material and LORs and is considered complete. The schools will not deny/invite you until they have had the chance to review your COMPLETE application. There is even a section on pharmcas where you can resend the email request to people writing your LORs. In my advice, go ahead in submit your application. Once my other 2 LORs came in, I received notifications from the school and was offered interviews. Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Hey! U can receive reference after esubmit pharmcas! But u cant delete as long as reference submited by reference person! Also u cant add another reference after esubmit( my pharmcas 's section reference lock the section add reference after i e submit)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! U can receive reference after esubmit pharmcas! But u cant delete as long as reference submited by reference person! Also u cant add another reference after esubmit( my pharmcas 's section reference lock the section add reference after i e submit)

i called them today and they said you can still add more reference after you e-submit as long as you did not surpass the limit of 4

Reactions: 1 user
i called them today and they said you can still add more reference after you e-submit as long as you did not surpass the limit of 4
I see, my appication maxed out 4 references that s how i cant add more!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the info. I will be submitting the application later today.