PharmCAS Questions

Started by foraminal
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I did my undergrad at University of Florida and the scale was
A = 4.0
B+ = 3.5
B = 3.0
C+ = 2.5
C = 2.0

They just NOW switched to the +/- system. I am hoping they calculate their own GPA because I am right at the boarder line for the cut off..that's why I am stressing so much about it. It just sucks that most of my B+'s and the C+'s I got were high + grades and would of probably been respectively A- and B- on the +/- system which would actually have helped me... I am awaiting reply to an email I sent and I will post what I found out in case anyone on here is interested. Thanks everyone!

There's no way, unless a C+ is ABOVE an 80%. In the +/- system, it's usually something like 80-82% is a B-, 82-88% is a B, 88-89.9% is a B+.

Stop complaining. Your school inflates grades. Get over it.
 
I'm in the same boat. I just need to polish my personal statement and I'm done.

Desperately trying to get my app in before the priority deadline!!!! AHH!!:scared:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sullivan has the grade-forgiveness policy; however, it's not on PHARMCAS - u'll have to manually mail in the package.
 
I know there are many posts about this topic but I am still very confused...so I repeated one of the courses, in the first time I took D second time I got A..the course is for 5 hours...how Pharmcas calculate it into GPA,,,they say on website that they will calculate BOTH grades,,.does this mean they do it as two difference courses...??:scared:

I just read a response to a similar question on Admissions blog the other day and I think it answers your question. The committee will see both grades and both count toward your GPA.

I can't attach the link - sorry. If you need info, PM me.
 
i finished everything including my personal statement. I just requested a transcript from my school last sept 2 and waiting for one more reference to submit can i esubmit yet or should I wait?
 
Stop complaining. Your school inflates grades. Get over it.

This a thousand times. You should be thankful that your system is beneficial. Like I said, my school doesn't even do pluses. I got high Bs in most of the classes I got Bs in - yet I get a 3.0. Do you see me complaining about an arbitrary system PharmCAS has set up?
 
This a thousand times. You should be thankful that your system is beneficial. Like I said, my school doesn't even do pluses. I got high Bs in most of the classes I got Bs in - yet I get a 3.0. Do you see me complaining about an arbitrary system PharmCAS has set up?



Hey, well you're not me.
 
This a thousand times. You should be thankful that your system is beneficial. Like I said, my school doesn't even do pluses. I got high Bs in most of the classes I got Bs in - yet I get a 3.0. Do you see me complaining about an arbitrary system PharmCAS has set up?


🙄..Calm down lol
As I said before, I am not complaining, I just wanted to discuss this issue.

If you were smart, you would be complaining to your school because, in your case, your schools grading scale puts you at a VERY large disadvantage. It's not even fair in your case. I could only imagine how frustrating it would be to be premed there...than again, your school is probably not a very competitive college and anyone who really works hard there will get an A--so then an A B C grading scale like that would work just fine.
My school is the largest university in the state. It's extremely competitive. It's a different ball game here. In some classes such as biochem, you can make low A's on EVERY exam but if the average is too high you get curved down and end up with a B+ or B. So when you should have had an A (4.0) and you end up with a B+ ( which was a 3.5) that really carries a lot more weight once you factor in the PharmCAS GPA which brings the grade you should have had further (to a 3.33)..


I personally believe all schools should have the exact same grading scale to make things easier on preprofesional students. Maybe one day that will happen and it will be beneficial to us all by making the playing grounds fairer. But guess what, if it does happen it was thanks to people like me who like to "complain" about things instead of sitting back and doing absolutely nothing...
 
Last edited:
Problem is, you're complaining to the entirely wrong group of people that COULD actually make something like that happen. I have no idea if there is even such an organization that would undertake the complete standardization of all colleges and universities... That seems about as likely as North Korea coming over for high tea.

Hey, it's unfair. I get that... but we all deal with it in some way, and complaining about a fact that you cannot change, no matter how hard you try, is just as juvenile as you say not complaining would be. In contrast, I find children to be extremely annoying and that they complain a lot. My little niece is a great example... She is 7 years old and she complains constantly about the most inane things. So I'm not sure which child you're talking about who "sits quietly and does nothing" but I sure would like to see more of them.

All day in the pharmacy, I hear "Waaaaahhhh mommy my feets hurt. Waaaah daddy I need a soda. Waaaaaah let's get out of here this is boring I am missing my raid on world of warcraft." Ad nauseum. So, which children do you know that are quiet and do not complain?

Point: Crying loudly about a perceived injustice that you simply cannot change is about as juvenile as a kid in the pharmacy waiting for his mom's scrip to be filled crying about missing his WoW time.
 
Problem is, you're complaining to the entirely wrong group of people that COULD actually make something like that happen. I have no idea if there is even such an organization that would undertake the complete standardization of all colleges and universities... That seems about as likely as North Korea coming over for high tea.

Hey, it's unfair. I get that... but we all deal with it in some way, and complaining about a fact that you cannot change, no matter how hard you try, is just as juvenile as you say not complaining would be. In contrast, I find children to be extremely annoying and that they complain a lot. My little niece is a great example... She is 7 years old and she complains constantly about the most inane things. So I'm not sure which child you're talking about who "sits quietly and does nothing" but I sure would like to see more of them.

All day in the pharmacy, I hear "Waaaaahhhh mommy my feets hurt. Waaaah daddy I need a soda. Waaaaaah let's get out of here this is boring I am missing my raid on world of warcraft." Ad nauseum. So, which children do you know that are quiet and do not complain?

Point: Crying loudly about a perceived injustice that you simply cannot change is about as juvenile as a kid in the pharmacy waiting for his mom's scrip to be filled crying about missing his WoW time.



I can't believe you just took the time to write that...🙄

I am not crying or complaining about anything nor do I believe anyone on here can really do anything about it. I am just trying to have a mature discussion and bring attention to this topic. That's all! So calm down! lol
 
I can't believe you just took the time to write that...🙄

I am not crying or complaining about anything nor do I believe anyone on here can really do anything about it. I am just trying to have a mature discussion and bring attention to this topic. That's all! So calm down! lol

Yeesh, why does everyone with no counter-argument automatically go into "zomg, you took SO long to write that or something!" It took a few minutes, but I type fast, so not really a big deal. Don't assume everyone types as slowly as you do or takes as long to formulate a coherent thought as you apparently do.

if it does happen it was thanks to people like me who like to "complain" about things instead of sitting back and doing absolutely nothing...
This doesn't mesh with your claim that you're not complaining. Either people like you complain and somehow get things changed, or people like you do not complain and somehow get things changed anyway. Which is it? Either you're "like them" or you're not "like them"... you can't have it both ways. If you're like them, then you're complaining. That's implicit in the sentence which you wrote, since you included yourself in the "people like me that complain" category.

Or did your lizard brain forget what you'd written a couple posts up?
 
🙄If you were smart, you would be complaining to your school because, in your case, your schools grading scale puts you at a VERY large disadvantage. It's not even fair in your case. I could only imagine how frustrating it would be to be premed there...than again, your school is probably not a very competitive college and anyone who really works hard there will get an A--so then an A B C grading scale like that would work just fine.
My school is the largest university in the state. It's extremely competitive. It's a different ball game here. In some classes such as biochem, you can make low A's on EVERY exam but if the average is too high you get curved down and end up with a B+ or B. So when you should have had an A (4.0) and you end up with a B+ ( which was a 3.5) that really carries a lot more weight once you factor in the PharmCAS GPA which brings the grade you should have had further (to a 3.33).....

LOL. You make me laugh. "Not very competitive?" Dude, I don't mean to brag, but your assumptions are stupid, and ridiculous. Just because I don't want to waste bandwidth on this site to complain about my grades not being exactly as I wish and trying to manipulate the system to make it more advantageous to me.... means I go to an uncompetitve school? I go to a school ranked in the top 25 in the world. (http://www.usnews.com/articles/educ.../2009/06/18/worlds-best-colleges-top-400.html) (Note: Sure, I know rankings are controversial, and some people don't believe in that, and etcetc, but rankings IS a decent indicator, I believe, of the competitiveness of the school, and thus I posted that to make a point.) Please, you're so full of yourself. You are still complaining! You think yourself SOOOO much better, and you deserve SOOOOO much pity and special attention because WAHHHHH my school doesn't give minuses in their GPA, and WAAAAAHH my school is super competitive and WAHHHH it means I can't get As. Seriously? You think you're the only one? Many of us have to deal with that too.

Apparently, at my school, if you just try, you can get an A. Well, that's a great assumption to make. Let me make a (very stupid) assumption that I believe you would make if we went to each other's schools. Apparently, your school is TOO EASY! You SAY it's very competitive .... but maybe that's just cuz you're dumb. Maybe you go to a large party state school, and that everyone drinks all the time, and nobody really studies, butttttt everyone still all gets As, because the tests are WAY too easy. That's what I would dumbly assume if I had no brains. OBVIOUSLY - the curve is too high! The test is too easy! Everyone is getting As on the exams! What ELSE could that mean???

By the way - at ANY school, if you work HARD ENOUGH, can you get an A, usually. Yes, even at your CRAZY AMAZINGLY COMPETITIVE SCHOOL, can you make an A. You just need to make high As on your exam, and it is always doable. You just need to devote enough study time. If you devoted every waking moment of your life to studying, then yes, I daresay you'd have an A. If you work hard enough. Which obviously you didn't if you didn't get an A and find a need to complain as you are doing.

By the wayyyyy, COMPLAINING on a stupid internet forum will DO NOTHING. Yeah, you can try to make yourself feel better that your 'complaining' on an internet forum will actual change such processes - BUT HEY WAKE UP CALL!! Your time is much better spent writing to the PharmCAS people or to Congress or ANYONE ELSE WITH POWER to potential change the system, or at least influence the people with the power to change it. You can sugar coat it as much as you want - it's obvious that you're just pointlessly bitching on an internet forum. Hey, if you do, it's the internet, you're welcome to. But don't pretend you're doing so on a BIGGER cause or whatever.

Edit: Passion beat me to it. I didn't read his post before I wrote. PS ... I am a girl, lol.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not to say I didn't warn you...


but um :::cough:::


told you this would get ugly if you kept pushing the issue.


Like I said before...just do your best at the school YOU CHOOSE to attend, and be satisfied with that.
 
I don't think you quite grasp the way the +/- system works.

For us, a B+ is a 3.3. A B is a 3.0, and a B- is a 2.7
An A is a 4.0, and an A- is a 3.7.

So If you got a B+, then you did better with your 3.5 than you would have with everyone else's +/- system or their A/B system.
 
LOL. You make me laugh. "Not very competitive?" Dude, I don't mean to brag, but your assumptions are stupid, and ridiculous. Just because I don't want to waste bandwidth on this site to complain about my grades not being exactly as I wish and trying to manipulate the system to make it more advantageous to me.... means I go to an uncompetitve school? I go to a school ranked in the top 25 in the world. (http://www.usnews.com/articles/educ.../2009/06/18/worlds-best-colleges-top-400.html) (Note: Sure, I know rankings are controversial, and some people don't believe in that, and etcetc, but rankings IS a decent indicator, I believe, of the competitiveness of the school, and thus I posted that to make a point.) Please, you're so full of yourself. You are still complaining! You think yourself SOOOO much better, and you deserve SOOOOO much pity and special attention because WAHHHHH my school doesn't give minuses in their GPA, and WAAAAAHH my school is super competitive and WAHHHH it means I can't get As. Seriously? You think you're the only one? Many of us have to deal with that too.

Apparently, at my school, if you just try, you can get an A. Well, that's a great assumption to make. Let me make a (very stupid) assumption that I believe you would make if we went to each other's schools. Apparently, your school is TOO EASY! You SAY it's very competitive .... but maybe that's just cuz you're dumb. Maybe you go to a large party state school, and that everyone drinks all the time, and nobody really studies, butttttt everyone still all gets As, because the tests are WAY too easy. That's what I would dumbly assume if I had no brains. OBVIOUSLY - the curve is too high! The test is too easy! Everyone is getting As on the exams! What ELSE could that mean???

By the way - at ANY school, if you work HARD ENOUGH, can you get an A, usually. Yes, even at your CRAZY AMAZINGLY COMPETITIVE SCHOOL, can you make an A. You just need to make high As on your exam, and it is always doable. You just need to devote enough study time. If you devoted every waking moment of your life to studying, then yes, I daresay you'd have an A. If you work hard enough. Which obviously you didn't if you didn't get an A and find a need to complain as you are doing.

By the wayyyyy, COMPLAINING on a stupid internet forum will DO NOTHING. Yeah, you can try to make yourself feel better that your 'complaining' on an internet forum will actual change such processes - BUT HEY WAKE UP CALL!! Your time is much better spent writing to the PharmCAS people or to Congress or ANYONE ELSE WITH POWER to potential change the system, or at least influence the people with the power to change it. You can sugar coat it as much as you want - it's obvious that you're just pointlessly bitching on an internet forum. Hey, if you do, it's the internet, you're welcome to. But don't pretend you're doing so on a BIGGER cause or whatever.

Edit: Passion beat me to it. I didn't read his post before I wrote. PS ... I am a girl, lol.




LOL!!! I did not read a word of what you just wrote...you have wayyy too much time on your hands.. please stop posting nonsense on my post.
 
Last edited:
LOL!!! ...You have absolutely no idea...

No, that's your problem. You think you're special, and that you, with your grade problems, are unique. You think you're the only one who has hard teachers, or competing against other very smart and talented kids, and thus struggling to get an A in the class. You think your sob story of "the curve is unfair" stands out. Guess what? It doesn't. I have no idea? Really? Your problems, as you described them so far in this thread, are exactly the same ones every other undergraduate has to deal with, including myself. It's all the same problems the rest of us deal with. And that's my point.

All I still hear from you is WAH WAH WAH. Own up to the fact that your grades aren't that great. Using these pathetic excuses (like that you went to a competitive school or the curve was not beneficial to you or that your school does not have minuses) are not valid for less than stellar grades. Suck it up. Accept some of your grades suck, and then move on to showing you excel in other areas, like extracurriculars.

Only when you tell me you have 10 younger siblings, and your parents died when you were 6, and you have raised them all on your own, while working a fulltime job, while trying to find the cure for cancer will I believe you are special, and that I really truly have "absolutely no idea" what you went thru. In that case, it makes for great personal statement fodder! Explain these "special" circumstances in your personal statement. If you really think yourself so particular in your circumstance, it can only be an asset in your personal statement. Let's see how well the adcoms like your personal statement of your bitching about your grades being the way they are because you only got low As on your exams and thus got a B.
 
LOL!!! I did not read a word of what you just wrote...you have wayyy too much time on your hands.. please stop posting nonsense on my post.

For someone who claims they wish to have a mature discussion, you sure show a GREAT way of showing it. "Oh I didn't read a word LOL Im DUMB LOL" How do you know I posted nonsense when you didn't even read it? You are, as Passion pointed out a long time ago, being illogical.

And again, as Passion pointed out, you default to the "You have too much time on your hands" argument. I will just repeat what he has already said, it took me maybe 5 minutes, probably less, to type all that up, all while watching an episode of Arrested Development in the background in my spare time. I am not sure how long it takes for you to string two words together, but rest assured, not everyone takes an hour to type a sentence.

PS, way to edit your original post from "you have no idea" to "i didn't read."
 
For someone who claims they wish to have a mature discussion, you sure show a GREAT way of showing it. "Oh I didn't read a word LOL Im DUMB LOL" How do you know I posted nonsense when you didn't even read it? You are, as Passion pointed out a long time ago, being illogical.

And again, as Passion pointed out, you default to the "You have too much time on your hands" argument. I will just repeat what he has already said, it took me maybe 5 minutes, probably less, to type all that up, all while watching an episode of Arrested Development in the background in my spare time. I am not sure how long it takes for you to string two words together, but rest assured, not everyone takes an hour to type a sentence.

PS, way to edit your original post from "you have no idea" to "i didn't read."



Please stop posting on my thread.
 
I asked this same question to PharmCAS staff, and she suggested that i submit my application w/o the reference; when PharmCAS receives the reference, it will forward a copy to the school. After I esubmitted my application, it took PharmCAS 12 days to mail out the application. So, if you wait for let say 10 more days for the reference, it may mean that it can take ~3 weeks to get it mailed out altogether.
 
Every semester of college, (except my last semester) my school has done only + grades (A, B+, B, C+, C, D+, D ....) where a B+ was considered a 3.5 a B a 3.0 etc.

When I put my grades into pharmcas, it counts a B+ as a 3.33 instead of a 3.5..

Is there a way to correct this??

Wouldn't this give applicants who attend schools with +/- grades a big advantage over applicants who attend schools that only do + grades??

say for instance I made a 89% in a class--at school one, that would be an A-(3.6) and at another school that would only be a B+ (3.33)...

As for the fairness, I'd say it's completely unfair that you get a 3.5 for work that most colleges give a 3.3 for. I'm not sure what that's about. For PharmCAS to even it out and give you what most schools give their + students is more than fair. To have all the advantages of a + with none of the disadvantages of a - is not even cool. I'm glad they changed it to bring it into uniformity with most other schools of higher education. As for the competitive nature of UF I think its also unfair to have negative curves. If the average on a test is 95 it was too easy, punish the faculty, not the students. All it does is create gunners and that's certainly the last thing you need. It increases the desire to do anything whether legal or not to get/maintain an advantage over the students and doesn't facilitate group learning.

Just my opinion, you're free to take it or leave it.
 
I asked this same question to PharmCAS staff, and she suggested that i submit my application w/o the reference; when PharmCAS receives the reference, it will forward a copy to the school. After I esubmitted my application, it took PharmCAS 12 days to mail out the application. So, if you wait for let say 10 more days for the reference, it may mean that it can take ~3 weeks to get it mailed out altogether.

thank you so much for that info. my boss is taking forever to write my reference. I will esubmit NOW!!!!! but my deadline is not untill Feb 1 but i was "suggested" to esubmit by october!?!?!
 
If your school is on the rolling admission, you should submit as EARLY AS POSSIBLE. By the time deadline approaches, most of the seats are probably filled. 'By october' sounds okay, but before october is even better. I submitted mine on July 15th, and I learned this from many ppl in this site.
 
I am lucky.........I was almost done filling it out to reapply this year, then I got pulled off the waiting list......I submitted mine in October last year, but as long as you e-submit by the deadline folks and your transcripts and reference are at pharmcas on those dates, they will still take your application. Now the rolling admissions ones, best to have those done by now.......I can only speak to the schools like Cincinnati that don't really look at apps until the deadline passes.

Good luck everyone
 
Please stop posting on my thread.

If you don't want replies, don't post a thread. Or rather, post a thread saying, "Please tell me what I want to hear!" instead of trying to pose your thread off as intelligent discussion. I admit, I wasn't the nicest of persons, but you were being insulting, snide and extremely close-minded, elevating yourself and the "competitiveness" of your school without considering others'.

As for the competitive nature of UF I think its also unfair to have negative curves. If the average on a test is 95 it was too easy, punish the faculty, not the students. All it does is create gunners and that's certainly the last thing you need. It increases the desire to do anything whether legal or not to get/maintain an advantage over the students and doesn't facilitate group learning.
Unfortunately, there will always be some class with some unfair teacher with some unfair grading scale. In my boyfriend's class last semester, he had a low 90-some average. He thought he'd get an A, easy, as well as the other students in his class. Unfortunately for them, they were unaware of how the grading worked in the class: top 25% in the class gets As, next 25% gets Bs, and the rest of the 50% he gives Cs and Ds, depending on whether he liked you or not. It is a fairly easy class, so it is really an unfortunate grading scale. The students in the class didn't realize this way of grading until AFTER final exams were done and posted. Imagine how shocked many of them were (Basically, 75% of the class!) They complained, and the dean noted that it will be changed for sure in the future, but unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done about their grades that semester.

I think the potential variance in grading styles and scales is definitely one reason why schools don't just look only at GPAs - there's so much potential variability there. It's why standardized tests and such exist - to try to level the playing ground.

That's why - going back to my initial post here - I say it's really pointless and a waste of time trying to inch your GPA up on an arbitrary scale that ... you can do nothing to change. Get in another hour of studying for the PCAT or polish that essay just a smidge more instead.

And yes, of COURSE this post took me 13 hours, 46 minutes and 3 seconds to write. My, how I have no life.
 
So for anyone else applying right now it took pharmcas 8 days to calculate my gpa after submitting. Now the wait to see when applications are mailed off to schools. Well at least pharmcas calculated my gpa .02 higher than what I thought it was 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't find any of his posts insulting, snide, or close-minded. In fact, I read through this whole thread wondering why he was being so ruthlessly attacked.

That said, I don't think you're getting screwed man. My college only did A/B/C/D (4.0, 3.0, 2.0, 1.0). I made some high B's in classes and got 3.0 for them. I remember I made an 89 in my film class and my professor gave me the B even after trying to talk to them. ****ing FILM class.
 
Every semester of college, (except my last semester) my school has done only + grades (A, B+, B, C+, C, D+, D ....) where a B+ was considered a 3.5 a B a 3.0 etc.

When I put my grades into pharmcas, it counts a B+ as a 3.33 instead of a 3.5..

Is there a way to correct this??

Wouldn't this give applicants who attend schools with +/- grades a big advantage over applicants who attend schools that only do + grades??

say for instance I made a 89% in a class--at school one, that would be an A-(3.6) and at another school that would only be a B+ (3.33)...

You do realize that an 89% would be a B+ at any school that uses + or +/- grades, right? An A- is a 90. At least.
 
Quick question: I'm a double major in pre-pharm and spanish, and in my planned courses of study I put some courses for my spring semester that I may not take, depending on what happens with interviews. Can I change those during the "academic window" that the FAQs section talks about, or are they stuck on my app forever?
 
I didn't find any of his posts insulting, snide, or close-minded. In fact, I read through this whole thread wondering why he was being so ruthlessly attacked.


Posted from him: If you were smart..... and than again, your school is probably not a very competitive college

Not close-minded and snide and insulting? I find it insulting that someone would assume what kind of school I would go to based on our school's grading system, on which he has ABSOLUTE NO BASIS ON.

He demonstrates his close-mindedness further by admitting he does not read other people's posts, even when he claims he wants a mature discussion. Ignoring any potential arguments and desperately clinging to his own beliefs that "zomg the PharmCas system is so unfair I need special treatment!!!" is close-minded. In a debate, you're supposed to listen to the other side, and refute it! "u have no life" and "lol i dont read" are not proper responses. People have explained MULTIPLE times in this thread (really, do I need to count the actual times?) that it really is actually fair because his school inflates his grades .... but does he listen? No, he keeps complaining about the competitiveness of his school and that he doesnt get the "benefits" of the minuses, when ... in fact, his understanding of the +/- system is entirely wrong.
 
Just a quick question. I am applying for Fall 2010 admission cycle. Obviously, I haven't quite finished me pre-reqs yet and will not be done until next Summer. My question is that am I supposed to put the classes that I am taking in Spring 2010 and Summer 2010 also in the Planned/In Progress college course work. I tried to include that in my coursework and see how it looks, and it looks like I am taking all my classes next year, and haven't finised anything yet..LOL

Any advise...
 
Just a quick question. I am applying for Fall 2010 admission cycle. Obviously, I haven't quite finished me pre-reqs yet and will not be done until next Summer. My question is that am I supposed to put the classes that I am taking in Spring 2010 and Summer 2010 also in the Planned/In Progress college course work. I tried to include that in my coursework and see how it looks, and it looks like I am taking all my classes next year, and haven't finised anything yet..LOL

Any advise...


"Advice" is the correct spelling.

You basically answered your own question. Many of us have waited until our 3rd, 4th, or even 5th year before applying to school because we want our applications to look at full as possible. You're going to be competing for spots with us. Advice from me? Good luck, LOL!
 
If you haven't finished the prerequisites then the admissions committee will have nothing on which to judge your ability to deal with pharmacy school. That's the whole point of prerequisites. If you're still going to be taking prerequisites next summer some schools may have a serious problem with that. I know one school I'm applying to requires that all prerequisites be finished by spring 2010. Make sure to look that up if you're applying to multiple schools.
 
So for anyone else applying right now it took pharmcas 8 days to calculate my gpa after submitting. Now the wait to see when applications are mailed off to schools. Well at least pharmcas calculated my gpa .02 higher than what I thought it was 😀

I submitted my app on 9/2/9 and have been checking every day. Still no gpa calculation. I hope it doesn't take too much longer.
 
If you haven't finished the prerequisites then the admissions committee will have nothing on which to judge your ability to deal with pharmacy school. That's the whole point of prerequisites. If you're still going to be taking prerequisites next summer some schools may have a serious problem with that. I know one school I'm applying to requires that all prerequisites be finished by spring 2010. Make sure to look that up if you're applying to multiple schools.



Only some schools because the schools I am applying to want the pre-reqs completed by Summer and not Spring. To the OP, I would check with your prospective choices.
 
I ended up accepted to 3 (UNC, UofM and UWisconsin) with a few waitlists, but I didn't bother with 6 of the applications after I got into UofM, though I must say, out of state tuition at UofM is about 50k more expensive than either of the two aforementioned possibilities because you can gain residency after living a year in NC or Wisconsin. All because I wanted a huge M stamped on my degree. ugh.



I guess I'll be a second rate pharmacist now at a top tier school 🙁

So do you think it was worth it? i.e. the huge M?
 
When I turned in my app it took about 24 hours to calculate my GPA and I came to the conclusion that applications are mailed out every Monday.
I turned my application in on Monday night, and my GPA was calculated by the next day and then I had to wait for about a week for my app to be sent out. I also have a friend that turned in her app on a Thursday, had their GPA calculated by the next day, and then had their app mailed out that Monday.

But both of us turned in everything in August.
 
Hopefully it won't take that long once I complete mine which should be about the end of the month. I will be requesting my transcripts to be sent the same week I will be completing the app so they should not have to wait on it.

Yours will probably take the full five weeks if you submit it at the end of September.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yours will probably take the full five weeks if you submit it at the end of September.


Oh ***t. Do you have to submit everything completely before they calculate the GPA? I think I will just start the process sometime next week and have the transcripts sent to them once I start. I probably won't be able to complete it until next weekend.
 
Oh ***t. Do you have to submit everything completely before they calculate the GPA? I think I will just start the process sometime next week and have the transcripts sent to them once I start. I probably won't be able to complete it until next weekend.

Nope, they won't start calculating until they submit it. And if your transcripts aren't in, they won't calculate until they get those. So send those in ASAP.
 
Nope, they won't start calculating until they submit it. And if your transcripts aren't in, they won't calculate until they get those. So send those in ASAP.

I am gonna ask a very stupid question. What if I have the transcripts sent out early this week before I even start the app process, will they hold it until I at least start or will they discard it and I would have to have another set sent once I start the app?:scared:
 
So do you think it was worth it? i.e. the huge M?

So far? I can only say that my education has been really great and the resources of this institution are vast - it's difficult to measure that against another institution of similar caliber. I do wish I had a what-if crystal ball at times to see what my life would have been life. I'm happy though, which is all that matters. However, from a monetary perspective as to whether or not it's worth it? i guess you can ask me once i'm paying back my loans or if i got into a good residency program in two years.
 
I am gonna ask a very stupid question. What if I have the transcripts sent out early this week before I even start the app process, will they hold it until I at least start or will they discard it and I would have to have another set sent once I start the app?:scared:

If you are applying through PharmCAS, you need to send in your transcripts with a completed Transcript Request Form. This form is only available after you create an account and input the colleges you have attended. You can submit PharmCAS before it receives all of your transcripts; however, it will not start calculating your GPA until all your transcripts have been received.

I think you should start an account and send them in ASAP just to prevent further delay. It took about a week for my GPA to be calculated.

Good luck!