PharmCAS Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Because I like to know what I'm getting into.. is that such a crime... :oops:

Okay well I deleted everything I did input and to make sure I clicked on print application and nothing was filled out. So I guess it won't matter now. I was honestly under the impression they wipe the system clean every year.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What does that mean? We get to keep our LOR letters that we've summited for the 2009-2010 cycle? I paid for pretty much everything I needed to pay.

Last edited:
Sounds like if you e-submitted and paid, you're good to go. Otherwise, you'll have to create a new app.

Members don't see this ad :)
Because I like to know what I'm getting into.. is that such a crime... :oops:

Okay well I deleted everything I did input and to make sure I clicked on print application and nothing was filled out. So I guess it won't matter now. I was honestly under the impression they wipe the system clean every year.

What does that mean? We get to keep our LOR letters that we've summited for the 2009-2010 cycle? I paid for pretty much everything I needed to pay.

If you do not submit a payment to PharmCAS, you're application info will (eventually) be void and you will have to create a new account (obtain a new pharmcas #) for the next year's cycle. The only way the info is retained is if you send a payment. They do this mainly for applicants who choose to re-apply and all the info is saved for them so they don't have to go through the hassle or filling everything out again, re-submitting LOR's, etc.

If you do not submit a payment to PharmCAS, you're application info will (eventually) be void and you will have to create a new account (obtain a new pharmcas #) for the next year's cycle. The only way the info is retained is if you send a payment. They do this mainly for applicants who choose to re-apply and all the info is saved for them so they don't have to go through the hassle or filling everything out again, re-submitting LOR's, etc.

How much is it? When is usually due?

How much is it? When is usually due?
It's $150 for the first school and $40 for each additional school. You can e-submit as early as the application becomes available (not sure when exactly... I think June or July). Each school has it's own deadline, but they range from as early as November until as late as March. Check the school's website or PharmCAS to see when the deadlines are. Since most schools are rolling, it's always best to apply early!

Sounds like if you e-submitted and paid, you're good to go. Otherwise, you'll have to create a new app.
Did you read anything on his post? Just curious because you flat out missed his question completely.

Oh god, SO much wrong information being passed here - and not just the post I quoted.

Okay, here's the down low from someone who printed out the ENTIRE Pharmcas Instructions booklet and read it front to back TWICE on my plane ride to Korea last summer in preparation for my application. (Because I refused to be denied in applying to school on something as simple as not following directions.)

To the OP: It doesn't matter if you created a mock post, it doesn't matter AT ALL. To be honest, I did the same thing last year, only to see how the letter of recommendation form looked via email.

To everyone saying if you paid then your info is saved, YOU ARE WRONG. Bottom of page 10 on the Instructions booklet:

Repeat applicants must begin a new application and resend all test scores and official transcripts.
PharmCAS cannot carry forward any of your application data or materials from the previous year.

This is because YES they DO wipe the data every year before new applications start. They're just running behind in closing everything by April 1, is my guess.

This also means you DO NOT keep any of your letters of recommendations. If you are reapplying, then you must get them AGAIN, even if it is the EXACT same letter.

Please, if you don't know what you're talking about, DON'T ANSWER THE QUESTION. Why would you want to spread WRONG answers and possibly mess up someone's chances of applying and getting accepted (ie. if someone reapplying thought they didn't need new LORs and didn't realize until the day before their application is due).

Oh god, SO much wrong information being passed here - and not just the post I quoted.

Okay, here's the down low from someone who printed out the ENTIRE Pharmcas Instructions booklet and read it front to back TWICE on my plane ride to Korea last summer in preparation for my application. (Because I refused to be denied in applying to school on something as simple as not following directions.)

To the OP: It doesn't matter if you created a mock post, it doesn't matter AT ALL. To be honest, I did the same thing last year, only to see how the letter of recommendation form looked via email.

To everyone saying if you paid then your info is saved, YOU ARE WRONG. Bottom of page 10 on the Instructions booklet:

Repeat applicants must begin a new application and resend all test scores and official transcripts.
PharmCAS cannot carry forward any of your application data or materials from the previous year.

This is because YES they DO wipe the data every year before new applications start. They're just running behind in closing everything by April 1, is my guess.

This also means you DO NOT keep any of your letters of recommendations. If you are reapplying, then you must get them AGAIN, even if it is the EXACT same letter.

Please, if you don't know what you're talking about, DON'T ANSWER THE QUESTION. Why would you want to spread WRONG answers and possibly mess up someone's chances of applying and getting accepted (ie. if someone reapplying thought they didn't need new LORs and didn't realize until the day before their application is due).

An email from PharmCAS to me:

"Dear Student,

PharmCAS will be closing on Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 5 PM Eastern Standard Time and will re-open in early June 2010 for the 2010-2011 application cycle.

Applicants who have not yet submitted their application by April 1, 2010 and want to reapply will be required to create a new application for the 2010-2011 application cycle. All other applicants who have submitted and paid for their applications for the 2009-2010 cycle will have the opportunity to update their application and reapply in the 2010-2011 application cycle. If you have submitted your application but are missing the required payment, you will have the option to create a new application for the 2010-2011 application cycle, but will not be allowed to update your 2009-2010 application. Updated 2010-2011 applications and new 2010-2011 applications will be assessed the same application fees which will be announced in early June 2010.

Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thank You and Good Luck!
PharmCAS Staff"

--- My response to the OP's question stemmed from my interpretation of this email. If I supplied any false information, I apologize. Whenever in doubt, email PharmCAS at the email address provided above and don't always go by what you read on these forums. It is always good policy to contact PharmCAS if you have any questions. They are very helpful.

An email from PharmCAS to me:

"Dear Student,

PharmCAS will be closing on Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 5 PM Eastern Standard Time and will re-open in early June 2010 for the 2010-2011 application cycle.

Applicants who have not yet submitted their application by April 1, 2010 and want to reapply will be required to create a new application for the 2010-2011 application cycle. All other applicants who have submitted and paid for their applications for the 2009-2010 cycle will have the opportunity to update their application and reapply in the 2010-2011 application cycle. If you have submitted your application but are missing the required payment, you will have the option to create a new application for the 2010-2011 application cycle, but will not be allowed to update your 2009-2010 application. Updated 2010-2011 applications and new 2010-2011 applications will be assessed the same application fees which will be announced in early June 2010.

Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thank You and Good Luck!
PharmCAS Staff"

--- My response to the OP's question stemmed from my interpretation of this email. If I supplied any false information, I apologize. Whenever in doubt, email PharmCAS at the email address provided above and don't always go by what you read on these forums. It is always good policy to contact PharmCAS if you have any questions. They are very helpful.

I haven't seen that email - I don't think I've been getting them. My bad, they haven't updated that information on their website at all. Guess I should take my own advice, huh, haha. But as the OP didn't pay anything, he/she would need to input everything again.

And I second the recommendation to call/contact them with questions. If you can't wait for an email (as I can't), you can call them. The wait is very short, and they answer your questions on the spot.

I haven't seen that email - I don't think I've been getting them. My bad, they haven't updated that information on their website at all. Guess I should take my own advice, huh, haha. But as the OP didn't pay anything, he/she would need to input everything again.

And I second the recommendation to call/contact them with questions. If you can't wait for an email (as I can't), you can call them. The wait is very short, and they answer your questions on the spot.

Looking back, the OP actually included the same email content in their original post.

I haven't read through all 30+ pages of this thread (too lazy), but does anyone know how long pharmcas usually takes to send out PCAT scores once they receive them?

I forgot to indicate my PCAT CID # on my application (I know, stupid), but took the Oct. PCAT, I'm sure they have my score already, but I was wondering how long it would take to reach my designated schools. :confused: I just fixed my CID# on my application today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't read through all 30+ pages of this thread (too lazy), but does anyone know how long pharmcas usually takes to send out PCAT scores once they receive them?

I forgot to indicate my PCAT CID # on my application (I know, stupid), but took the Oct. PCAT, I'm sure they have my score already, but I was wondering how long it would take to reach my designated schools. :confused: I just fixed my CID# on my application today.

They mail things out on Monday. So, if you put in the CID within the last few days, it'll get sent out on Monday next week.

After receving fall transcript, how many days pharmcas will take to review our fall transcript?

Dumb question, but where are the personal statement prompt? Is it under the personal statement section? b/c I can't seem to find the prompt.

Where are the personal statement prompt on pharmcas? Is it below the personal statement section b/c I cant seem to find it.:confused:
Thanks!

Where are the personal statement prompt on pharmcas? Is it below the personal statement section b/c I cant seem to find it.:confused:
Thanks!

"Your Personal Essay should address why you selected pharmacy as a career and how the Doctor of Pharmacy degree relates to your immediate and long-term professional goals. Describe how your personal, educational, and professional background will help you achieve your goals. The personal essay is an important part of your application for admission and provides you with an opportunity for you to clearly and effectively express your ideas. "

If you go to Personal Essay it's right underneath the box

"Your Personal Essay should address why you selected pharmacy as a career and how the Doctor of Pharmacy degree relates to your immediate and long-term professional goals. Describe how your personal, educational, and professional background will help you achieve your goals. The personal essay is an important part of your application for admission and provides you with an opportunity for you to clearly and effectively express your ideas. "

If you go to Personal Essay it's right underneath the box

thanks! :)

This may be a stupid question but does anyone know if pharmCAS "mails" our application via snail mail or is it sent like an e-mail???

This may be a stupid question but does anyone know if pharmCAS "mails" our application via snail mail or is it sent like an e-mail???

It's snail mail. Just e submitted pharmcas a week ago and the GPA was calculated yesterday. They say it'll be mailed the next mail cycle so either this Monday or next.

It's snail mail. Just e submitted pharmcas a week ago and the GPA was calculated yesterday. They say it'll be mailed the next mail cycle so either this Monday or next.

this really sucks, I e-submitted my application on 8/30 and still not verified. are you doing early decision?

Actually, I believe that most receive it electronically these days.

this really sucks, I e-submitted my application on 8/30 and still not verified. are you doing early decision?

You are near the height of the application cycle, unfortunately. It may take up to 5 weeks. :(

Just FYI guys, we have a stickied thread about PharmCAS that gets checked more regularly:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=930761

I submitted on 8/30 as well and they calculated the GPA 9/12/2012

Well, your transcript GPA wouldn't count it either.

Let's say you were me. I retook Organic Chem I(4 Credits) and Organic Chem II(4 Credits).

I got a D(4 Points) and a F(0 Points) on my first run. On my second run, I got an A(16 Points) and a B(12 Points).

My LIU GPA reflects only the A and the B.

So according to LIU, this is my Organic Chem GPA.

(12+16)/8 = 3.5

According to PharmCAS, this is my Organic Chem GPA.

(4 + 0 + 16 + 12)/16 = 2.0

What gpa does liu look at pharmcas or the one that doesn't include both grades