PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone familiar with the reapplication process through PharmCas. I applied in June 2007 but I didn't get into my top choice schools so now I'm going to apply again in June 2008. Can I still use my old letter of recommendations or do I need new ones, how about personal statements, etc. Do I need to start a new application or can I still use my old one? Can someone please help me. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone familiar with the reapplication process through PharmCas. I applied in June 2007 but I didn't get into my top choice schools so now I'm going to apply again in June 2008. Can I still use my old letter of recommendations or do I need new ones, how about personal statements, etc. Do I need to start a new application or can I still use my old one? Can someone please help me. Thank you.

Unless they changed it, EVERYTHING has to be redone, NOTHING gets saved.

PharmCAS is a joke! You have to re-enter it all! It's great to pay them good money for holding about 500mb of info for a few years...NOT!!

Members don't see this ad :)
PharmCAS is impossible, they charge you so much and wont even keep some small amount of information for you.:(

Do the essay prompts for the personal statements change, can we re-use our old ones if the prompts are similar?

Do the essay prompts for the personal statements change, can we re-use our old ones if the prompts are similar?

Sorry if this comes out wrong, but if you have to reapply, why would you reuse material that didn't get you in the first time? :confused: Sure if you want to take the old and revamp it that's one thing, but I'd never reuse anything in it's exact form in these circumstances.

Sorry if this comes out wrong, but if you have to reapply, why would you reuse material that didn't get you in the first time? :confused: Sure if you want to take the old and revamp it that's one thing, but I'd never reuse anything in it's exact form in these circumstances.

Yeah, I wouldn't use the same essay, but I would use the same references. Plus, the most tedious thing is the coursework.

how come i cant sign into my pharmcas application anymore?? anyone else have this problem?

"The PharmCAS Application Cycle for fall 2008 enrollment is closed. The application for fall 2009 enrollment will be available in June 2008."

Anyone else think that PharmCAS charges a ridiculous amount of money for applications? It cannot cost that much to run a simple website.

I swear you are a troll. You must not realize that there is a lot more to it than 'just running a simple website'. Your ignorance of this and so many other things you post about is appalling.

Members don't see this ad :)
damn, i didn't know they would close it! i woulda printed it all out if i knew that...o well

Yes, they provide a service and they are selling it for profit.

Alright, they have to contact schools, send applications, have a call center staff. But regardless, they are definitely making a profit by making it seem that the process is easier.

A company make a profit? No way! Your local grocery store makes it easier for you to consume food, do you demonize them for making a profit?

If you only apply to one school, and it happens to be a PharmCAS school, well, maybe it sucks to be you. But if you're applying to 3 or 4? Its much easier to let PharmCAS handle everything. Lets see, you applied to four schools right? Low and behold they are all PharmCAS! Shocker! Now imagine if each one of your recommender's had to write 4 letters, one for each school. Better yet, imagine if each school had its own separate website the recommender had to go to in order to evaluate you and answer questions. Do you seriously think they'd be up for that? Just for you? Next up, transcripts! How much does your school charge for each official one? And don't forget the PCAT, you only get 3 free schools, so you'd have to pay for that 4th one. Oh, and personal statements. You weren't really going to recycle the same personal statement 4 times were you? tsk tsk

Like I said, you're a troll.

I think pharmcas is convenient for the LOR's and transcripts alone. it just bothers me that some pharmcas schools wont accept the LORs from pharmcas. the recommendors must send in the schools forms. apparently the school "isn't set-up to receive letters of recommendation from pharmcas"...i thought that was a strange response from the school.

The school charges $5 each, which by the way I had to send to every school anyway. PharmCAS never opened up the Fall academic update window for me, and when I called them asking why I never got an e-mail, they said they can't do anything about it.

The school charges $5 each, which by the way I had to send to every school anyway. PharmCAS never opened up the Fall academic update window for me, and when I called them asking why I never got an e-mail, they said they can't do anything about it.

I didn't get an email about the academic update, either. I almost missed it, but thankfully, I didn't.

A company make a profit? No way! Your local grocery store makes it easier for you to consume food, do you demonize them for making a profit?

If you only apply to one school, and it happens to be a PharmCAS school, well, maybe it sucks to be you. But if you're applying to 3 or 4? Its much easier to let PharmCAS handle everything. Lets see, you applied to four schools right? Low and behold they are all PharmCAS! Shocker! Now imagine if each one of your recommender's had to write 4 letters, one for each school. Better yet, imagine if each school had its own separate website the recommender had to go to in order to evaluate you and answer questions. Do you seriously think they'd be up for that? Just for you? Next up, transcripts! How much does your school charge for each official one? And don't forget the PCAT, you only get 3 free schools, so you'd have to pay for that 4th one. Oh, and personal statements. You weren't really going to recycle the same personal statement 4 times were you? tsk tsk

Like I said, you're a troll.

excellent points, i agree wholeheartedly! i applied to 12 schools LOL, at this point I'm ready to marry Pharmcas :laugh:

I checked the PharmCAS website every day since I E-Submitted(January 17th) for the Academic Update button, and it never showed up.

And of course, when I called them up, they told me that it doesn't open until they calculate the GPA, which they did not do until February 4th, when the Academic Update window closed on February 1st.

Besides, I thought that PharmCAS was going to ask for your Spring Grades as well to submit to the schools. Don't the schools kick out anyone who falls below the requirements in Spring Semester and then let in people who improved during the Spring Semester?

I checked the PharmCAS website every day since I E-Submitted(January 17th) for the Academic Update button, and it never showed up.

And of course, when I called them up, they told me that it doesn't open until they calculate the GPA, which they did not do until February 4th, when the Academic Update window closed on February 1st.

Besides, I thought that PharmCAS was going to ask for your Spring Grades as well to submit to the schools. Don't the schools kick out anyone who falls below the requirements in Spring Semester and then let in people who improved during the Spring Semester?

Academic update is for those who submitted in fall '07. It's so that you could submit your grades for your Fall '07 classes (which you were taking when you e-submitted your application). Since you e-submitted in January, you already had your fall '07 grades, making academic update unnecessary.

It was all in the PCAT booklet...

hey guys,
if you applied through pharmcas this cycle, and have all the letter of rec up there, but didn't get the chance to submit them yet, do u know if the letter of of rec will be stil there for the next cylce? i know this cycle has closed, so icouldn't access to see if the letters ar still there. The reason is b/c i wanted to use the old letter of rec that were submitted.

Unfortunately, once the pharmcas cycle is closed, everything is gone. :(

Question.. do they keep letter of recommendation forms? Or do you have to ask people to write you letters each time you apply?

Yes, you can get kicked out, but the requirement is pretty low so I don't think it happens often.

Academic update is for those who submitted in fall '07. It's so that you could submit your grades for your Fall '07 classes (which you were taking when you e-submitted your application). Since you e-submitted in January, you already had your fall '07 grades, making academic update unnecessary.

It was all in the PCAT booklet...

My PharmCAS application was prepared in November but I didn't E-Submit until January because the pharmacy advisers at my school told us to wait until the Fall semester ended and the school sent transcripts out to E-Submit.

I had already prepared the Fall portion, but I didn't fill out the grades. So when I went back to do that before E-Submitting, there was no option to edit the coursework.

My PharmCAS application was prepared in November but I didn't E-Submit until January because the pharmacy advisers at my school told us to wait until the Fall semester ended and the school sent transcripts out to E-Submit.

I had already prepared the Fall portion, but I didn't fill out the grades. So when I went back to do that before E-Submitting, there was no option to edit the coursework.

If you e-Submit after the cut off you can't update anything. By Jan of 2008 they expect you to already have the fall 2007 grades.

so i did very poorly in ochem 2, and i plan to retake it this summer...but i want to apply on pharmcas early as june. would it be logical to e-submit after my transcript includes my new ochem 2 grade or should i e-submit and later update the grade when i am done with the class...or does it even make a diff? plz help!

so i did very poorly in ochem 2, and i plan to retake it this summer...but i want to apply on pharmcas early as june. would it be logical to e-submit after my transcript includes my new ochem 2 grade or should i e-submit and later update the grade when i am done with the class...or does it even make a diff? plz help!

How good is your overall GPA and science GPA ? Will 1 grade make an impact ?

What is "very poorly"? If it's a failing grade, I think you should wait to submit until after you have retaken it. If you got a passing grade of C, it depends on your overall grade trend.. This is just my opinion though. Use your judgement as best as you can.

The PharmCAS apps don't get sent out until August, even if you submit them earlier. So I would say wait until you re-take the class.

June 1st is coming, 2 more weeks!!! anyone else as nervous as I am? I'm dreading and at the same time can't wait for it to open. Call me crazy but i'm just counting down the day till June 1st. How's all your application stuff coming along? Good I hope. :D Anyone else on the same boat as me?

June 1st is coming, 2 more weeks!!! anyone else as nervous as I am? I'm dreading and at the same time can't wait for it to open. Call me crazy but i'm just counting down the day till June 1st. How's all your application stuff coming along? Good I hope. :D Anyone else on the same boat as me?

Meh, meh - not excited at all. If you were a re-applicant, you'd be dreading pharmcas like me, rather than jumping for joy. It was pure pain last year.

I am more excited about the following things:

-Watching Indiana Jones movie with my bf
-Watcing Iron Man
-Watching Sex and the Citymovie with my mom

( Ok, that's a lot of movies, but I haven't been in the movie theater for like 6 months so I am movie-deprived)

-Going shopping for summer outfits

And finally: going to a super cool biotech conference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iron Man = Great Movie. IMO, the best movie graphics I have ever seen. Best superhero movie I've seen since 2005. Batman Begins, still is the best superhero movie ever.

I can't wait for Indiana Jones either, I'll probably watch it after the MCAT. Harrison Ford is 65, but I'm pretty sure he can still kick ***.

geez. it's already been a year

to those applying for the first time---be prepared to be stressed out like crazy for most of the next 365 days beginning june 1st LOL

What's worse the application or the wait? I think the wait after turning in your application would kill me more :).

to be honest, everyone keeps saying the wait...but for me, it was the application. carving each and every one of those essays into perfection was such a daunting task

the interview process is extremely frustrating as well (depending on how many interviews you go to). i went to 5, so i was sick of traveling by the end of it all

Noob question.... what is pharmcas?

Something that made me wish I was back to being a careless 15 year old back in Russia partying my life away at clubs and discotechs. Ahhhhhhhh, good times.

What's worse the application or the wait? I think the wait after turning in your application would kill me more :).

The wait is like 16,000 Xs worse than doing the application. After you submit your pharmcas and supplementals, its like "cool im done, now i can just sit back and wait"...but for me it was more like running to the mailbox everyday, checking my email 50 times an hour, calling the schools for updates, preparing for interviews, realizing how huge this is, and visualizing that acceptance letter...ahhh the good ol' pre-pharm anxiety days...Good luck to y'all!

I hate the whole damn process equally, getting LOR, EC, transcripts, PS, supplimentals, the wait, the fee's, the interview, the rejection letter, the acceptance letters, the financial aid info, the housing...I HATE IT ALL>>>>>>>> I would never want to do it again.

I, too, am waiting for this moment. :laugh: I'm on the alternate list for two schools this year, but am not going to take any chances and may go ahead and start gathering all LORs and transcripts in June.