PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hate the whole damn process equally, getting LOR, EC, transcripts, PS, supplimentals, the wait, the fee's, the interview, the rejection letter, the acceptance letters, the financial aid info, the housing...I HATE IT ALL>>>>>>>> I would never want to do it again.

To those that didn't get in last year, it's not really an option :D.

Members don't see this ad.

I guess there is a lot more re-applicants than I thought.

Oh no, it's my first year applying, i'm just trying to get the feel for it from people who has done it so i would know what to expect.

Members don't see this ad :)
June 1st is coming, 2 more weeks!!! anyone else as nervous as I am? I'm dreading and at the same time can't wait for it to open. Call me crazy but i'm just counting down the day till June 1st. How's all your application stuff coming along? Good I hope. :D Anyone else on the same boat as me?

I can wait. I still don't have tech experience. I can totally wait for pharmcas. Clock is running out for me and I might not get in because of it. I wish i had as Dr. king would call it "The fierce urgency of now" 2 years ago and i wouldn't be in this situation. I Need a job:(

I already feel like a procrastinator even if PharmCas isn't open yet. I have yet to start on my ps, study for the PCAT, and ask for LORs. But I'll get on that very very shortly

does it really matter when u put everything on pharmcas? like does it matter if it's in june or july? what's the earliest time you can submit everything to a school?

I already feel like a procrastinator even if PharmCas isn't open yet. I have yet to start on my ps, study for the PCAT, and ask for LORs. But I'll get on that very very shortly

agree on that!!! i just want to get done with the pcat....:rolleyes:

does it really matter when u put everything on pharmcas? like does it matter if it's in june or july? what's the earliest time you can submit everything to a school?

it does matter that you put everything in there, and you want to do it early, because some schools use rolling admissions, and pharmcas is HELLLAAA SLOW!!!!!

ok it might be asekd before but im gona ask again cuz i couldn't find the proper answer im looking for.
thanks in advance and sorry
ok so im gona apply this year so do i send the letters to pharmcas and they will directly send it otu to schools along with my application or do i need to send to schools my self??
and also i 've read a few thread where they say somethign about downloading a form and filing it out for LOR. would i ahve to get that filled out by the peple i got LORs from??

thanksssssssssssss.

depends on the school some schools prefer the LORS be sent directly to them..Most of the schools require you to submit LOR to pharmcas and then pharmacs sends to all the schools you apply to...on the pharmcas you just add the e-mail address of the professor who is going to write the LOR for you...Pharmcas sends the request to the professor about the LOR...you also have an option to send the LOR through regular mail to pharmcas as well...

Exactly. It depends on the school. I had to send LORs directly to 4 of the schools I applied to. There's usually a form you print out and that's what you give to your letter writer. It's the same for transcripts. Some schools require you to send the transcripts to them directly and others, through PharmCas. It's sort of a pain in the a** to keep track of, but just make sure you organize yourself and know what each school wants. GL :)

Members don't see this ad :)
depends on the school some schools prefer the LORS be sent directly to them..Most of the schools require you to submit LOR to pharmcas and then pharmacs sends to all the schools you apply to...on the pharmcas you just add the e-mail address of the professor who is going to write the LOR for you...Pharmcas sends the request to the professor about the LOR...you also have an option to send the LOR through regular mail to pharmcas as well...
ok thats sounds like a pain in th.... thats just stupid. my school has this profile system where they keep all the LORs that i get from whoever. and they will send it out. s now when i appply i would have to track down those people again to fill out separate forms.
thats just bull

Exactly. It depends on the school. I had to send LORs directly to 4 of the schools I applied to. There's usually a form you print out and that's what you give to your letter writer. It's the same for transcripts. Some schools require you to send the transcripts to them directly and others, through PharmCas. It's sort of a pain in the a** to keep track of, but just make sure you organize yourself and know what each school wants. GL :)
how would i know which schools want separate LORs?? are those the ones that dn't participate in pharmcas??
sorry if i seem to annoyin but all this applicattion sstuff seems so overwhelmin

how would i know which schools want separate LORs?? are those the ones that dn't participate in pharmcas??
sorry if i seem to annoyin but all this applicattion sstuff seems so overwhelmin

Schools do their LORs differently. If a school is doing pharmcas, they will want your recommender to submit a LOR directly to pharmcas. This is usually done electronically. Some schools request LORs to be sent directly to the school from the recommender. You really need to look at the schools' website and read their application process to know what you need to have a complete application. Every school is different.

Hi,

I noticed through reading some posts that it takes a while for Pharmcas to recieve and calculate your GPA from your transcript. Should have I already sent a request to my university to send my transcript to Pharmcas, or should I wait till June 1st when Pharmcas opens up? Thanks in advance for your help.

The very same day that you begin filling in your pharmacas would be a good idea. It takes less than a day to put in your classes, but a great deal longer to get the essays done - Thus when your transcript finally gets to PharmCAS (and gets processed) - they will be ready to compare it to your application when you submit it.

~above~

There is a form in pharmcas that you have to send in with your requests, so you have to wait until pharmcas opens up. *Make sure you have some unofficial transcripts for your own use though, you'll have to manually enter every single class you've ever taken.

.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }

This should be the procedure:

June 1 - Sign up for PharmCAS and create an account. You'll be able to choose the schools that you've attended. Enter in your Schools attended, coursework, and grades.

PharmCAS will provide you with transcript mailing slips. You'll need to send these in the same envelope as your official transcripts. These mailing slips will have your PharmCAS ID number, so PharmCAS knows which PharmCAS account the transcript belongs to.

Go to the your school's registrar's office and have them mail out the official transcripts to PharmCAS's address. Have them include the PharmCAS mailing slip with the official transcript. You can do this anytime after you signed up with PharmCAS.

Hi everybody I'm planning to apply with pharmcas this coming june but i've no idea what pharmcas looks like. My question is when stating volunteering and extra curricular activities, do I need to include references and contact information ? Or do I just list it down ?

If I remember correctly, you just list them.

I am going through the whole thing too and if you go to pharmcas to read through their instuction booklet, it really helps and makes everything extremely clear about anything you will need to know. good luck!

Hi everybody I'm planning to apply with pharmcas this coming june but i've no idea what pharmcas looks like. My question is when stating volunteering and extra curricular activities, do I need to include references and contact information ? Or do I just list it down ?

You just list them with a short description of what you did. Same for work experience.

It will seem like forever, but read the PharmCAS instructions. They are really really helpful. It will also save you some time and prevent any errors while you fill out your application.:D

So, yeah. PharmCAS supposed to open today.(Or not?):oops: Good luck to everybody!!! (anyway). It's gonna be embaracing if I am wrong. Lol

Last edited:
June 1, 2007 - PharmCAS launches 2007-08 application

That was last year's schedule. I saw somewhere that it was suppose to be the 1st too, but so far, nothing yet.

I was really hoping to take care of this today and get all the information/links to the reference...

*anxious*

Hi everyone! I am new to SDN so I am sorry if this has been asked before- I am still figuring out how to search around the website. Anyways, I just had a quick question about applications that hopefully someone can answer.

I am taking my PCAT in August, but I plan on getting my Pharmcas application going as soon as they get it up on the website. Can I e-submit my application before they receive my PCAT scores? And if so, will pharmcas automatically forward my scores to schools when they receive them? Or, am I forced to wait until they receive my scores around mid/late September to send off applications? I would really appreciate it if anyone knows the answer to this!

I was really hoping to take care of this today and get all the information/links to the reference...

*anxious*

Yeah, i'm thinking that because it is sunday and they won't open until tomorrow. But yeah, i'm in the same boat trying to take care of all the reference/transcripts done today.

I really thought that it was going to be available exactly 12 am last night. I was all up and ready to go with all my information by my side.... It was funny.. I guess I assumes it was like how class registration are. I've always waited by my computer at midnight when my class registration opens to grab up the seats in class. hahahaha .. anybody know exactly what time pharmcas actually opens ?

I feel like I'm camping outside of BestBuy waiting for the door to open to be the first one to get a PS3 ...

I really thought that it was going to be available exactly 12 am last night. I was all up and ready to go with all my information by my side.... It was funny.. I guess I assumes it was like how class registration are. I've always waited by my computer at midnight when my class registration opens to grab up the seats in class. hahahaha .. anybody know exactly what time pharmcas actually opens ?

I feel like I'm camping outside of BestBuy waiting for the door to open to be the first one to get a PS3 ...

ive been trying to get on it as well...i thot it was going to open at 12am june 1st lol...guess not....arg, i guess i am gonna go study for my finals now...

Well, I am disappointed too. I stayed up until after midnight just to get started on this whole app process. I didn't think it would matter if the 1st fell on a weekend:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Haha, I was doing the same, but after a while, I gave up and went to sleep. But hey, look on the bright side, at least you don't have to call your friend over to save your place so you can go to the bathroom like for the PS3. :laugh:

Yeah, I thought PharmCAS would be available at 12am Eastern Time, so I checked the site at 9pm to see if the 2009 applications were available. UCSD's supplemental application is up and running, except I can't even start to fill that out because it requires a PharmCAS ID.

ive been trying to get on it as well...i thot it was going to open at 12am june 1st lol...guess not....arg, i guess i am gonna go study for my finals now...

Yes, the whole pharmCAS thing is distracting me from studying for my finals right now. I have 4 coming up in 2 weeks, yikes!! Good luck to those who are studying for finals!! :luck:

Gator knows how to use the search function you 'nole.

Can I e-submit my application before they receive my PCAT scores? Yes
And if so, will pharmcas automatically forward my scores to schools when they receive them? Yes

My gosh, you all are way more proactive than I was during my admissions cycle.:oops:

Don't sweat it though. The most difficult part of the application is the tedium from all the little data entry you have to do.

For some, this proactiveness was learned the hard way. I know that if I was applying to med school this cycle, I would have my AMCAS all ready to go. Nothing like being rejected from 11 med schools to teach you the importance of applying early. Thank God I got into pharmacy school...

Yes, the whole pharmCAS thing is distracting me from studying for my finals right now. I have 4 coming up in 2 weeks, yikes!! Good luck to those who are studying for finals!! :luck:

I'm distracted from studying for finals as well lol. I guess the PharmCAS application isn't going to be up until tomorrow! Good luck to everyone applying and to those studying for finals :)

For some, this proactiveness was learned the hard way. I know that if I was applying to med school this cycle, I would have my AMCAS all ready to go. Nothing like being rejected from 11 med schools to teach you the importance of applying early. Thank God I got into pharmacy school...

Yeah, I suppose that's one reason why I keep posting here on this board. I want to educate people on mistakes I made during the application process and during pharmacy school so others don't make the same mistake.:D

Yeah, I suppose that's one reason why I keep posting here on this board. I want to educate people on mistakes I made during the application process and during pharmacy school so others don't make the same mistake.:D
But that's the thing. I had heard "apply early" but I did not. In my case, I had to learn the hard way. To anyone reading this: PLEASE APPLY EARLY!!! DON'T PROCRASTINATE LIKE ME. You may hear of success stories, but they tend to be the exception, not the rule.

i was gonna wait until after june pcat...on the 21st to fill out pharmcas...but i guess i should start when it opens..

gl to you too!!! :thumbup:

Yeah I stayed up pass midnight and nothing.....maybe I can start tonight.

Last edited: