PharmD/JD(MBA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsgo12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i wasnt sure where to post this, so please dont get upset. i am currently considering going into pharmacy, but want something in addition to a pharmD degree. i am undecided between pharmd/mba and pharmd/jd. i dont think either are common, especially the latter. any tips on either of these combinations??? whats the salary like for both? can you really go the extra mile with the extra degree (mba/jd)? in any event i like science, but like it even more when its being used together with another degree. any advice is appreciated.

thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

Many law schools offer JD/MBA programs. From my experience, having an MBA does not help if you want to practice law. There were a few pharms. in my law school class and they both became IP lawyers. Salaries for IP lawyers are quite high and the jobs are in demand. Sorry I can not tell you about pharmD.

i can only think of patenting new drugs as a pharmd-jd or maneuvering through various legal doozies and loopholes. pharmd-mba brings to mind a pharm hotshot at a company. come to think of it, i associate any degree paired with an mba as the same degree but with added hotshot status. truthfully, im not entirely sure what a pharmd is, i always presumed an upgraded pharm. kelly, the winner of the 2nd apprentice, was a jd/mba. if a degree is very uncommon, you have to wonder if there is a demand for such a combination. on one hand, you may be a commodity, but on the other hand it may be a poor combo and thus not sought by anyone. a strange combo may entail creating a niche for yourself rather than seeking one.

salaries no idea, but an mba unlike many other degrees gives much room for upward mobility in earnings.

im currently in pharm school, i did a lot of business courses and am considering switching to a pharmD/ MBA i dunno if its worth it... business classes are boring as **** to me but if i can make more money with a managment pharmacist position, it could be worth it...as a pharmacist u make about 100 000 roughly and you dont really need an MBA to become a pharmacy manager, so i am wondering what MBA's are good for...
as for pharmD/JD there aren't many pple like this so i am sure you would be in demand for some political job