PharmD/massage therapist joint degree

Started by Jeddevil
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jeddevil

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just wanted to jump on the bandwagon with all the people that want to do more than just a PharmD.

I figure that the joint massage therapist option would make my spouse very happy and also be a way to calm down those customers who come into the pharmacy all pissed off. "I am sorry you had to wait for your valtrex for an extra hour lady. Just lay down on that massage table and we will try to make your wait worth it." All the possibilities! 😀

Massage therapist barely beat out the joint degree in automobile mechanic or air conditioning tech offered at DeVry or ITT tech.
 
Jeddevil said:
I just wanted to jump on the bandwagon with all the people that want to do more than just a PharmD.

I figure that the joint massage therapist option would make my spouse very happy and also be a way to calm down those customers who come into the pharmacy all pissed off. "I am sorry you had to wait for your valtrex for an extra hour lady. Just lay down on that massage table and we will try to make your wait worth it." All the possibilities! 😀

Massage therapist barely beat out the joint degree in automobile mechanic or air conditioning tech offered at DeVry or ITT tech.


:meanie: :meanie: :meanie:
 
Awesome. I think it would calm them down, but there seems to be a strong correlation between people that are quick to anger and those that I have no desire to ever touch.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I've been thinking that I want a pharmacy/nail salon. Get a manicure while you wait! I had planned on hiring people to do the nails, but maybe I'll just get a cosmetology license myself.
 
PharmD/Culinary Art.. just incase you want to own a soda fountain burger joint pharmacy... I'm serious..I may own one for the fun of it later.

PharmD/Interior Design.. Heck why not, you can have the best looking pharmacy in town

PharmD/Amway-Quixtar.... sell them vitamins..

PharmD/Plumbing... cuz plumbing contractors make more money than all of us healthcare people?

PharmD/cinematography... you got the viagra..heck use it if you want to get into adult entertainment industry..
 
Jeddevil said:
I just wanted to jump on the bandwagon with all the people that want to do more than just a PharmD.

I figure that the joint massage therapist option would make my spouse very happy and also be a way to calm down those customers who come into the pharmacy all pissed off. "I am sorry you had to wait for your valtrex for an extra hour lady. Just lay down on that massage table and we will try to make your wait worth it." All the possibilities! 😀

Massage therapist barely beat out the joint degree in automobile mechanic or air conditioning tech offered at DeVry or ITT tech.

:meanie: :meanie: :meanie: :laugh: :laugh:

We need more people like you in Pharmacy.. why don't you come work with us... 👍
 
ZpackSux said:
:meanie: :meanie: :meanie: :laugh: :laugh:

We need more people like you in Pharmacy.. why don't you come work with us... 👍


From what you wrote the last few days about your pay in Dallas combined with the low cost of living, I may try to come work with you in a year. Housing costs there are very appealing.

My wife used to live in Athens, southeast of dallas about an hour. They still have land and family in the area, so I very well may be looking you up in a year.

I just think that people get a little to serious on these forums sometimes and need to lighten up. That and my wife really would like me to become a massage therapist. But your PharmD/cinematography joint degree might sway me. At least there would be some good entertainment that way when I get caught up on the scripts.
 
Jeddevil said:
From what you wrote the last few days about your pay in Dallas combined with the low cost of living, I may try to come work with you in a year. Housing costs there are very appealing.

My wife used to live in Athens, southeast of dallas about an hour. They still have land and family in the area, so I very well may be looking you up in a year.

I just think that people get a little to serious on these forums sometimes and need to lighten up. That and my wife really would like me to become a massage therapist. But your PharmD/cinematography joint degree might sway me. At least there would be some good entertainment that way when I get caught up on the scripts.


Look me up when you're ready..
 
I don't get the baby thing, either. They are parasites. I remember once in class there was a debate as to what emergent patient should get treatment first, a teenager or an infant. I told everyone I'd go with the teenager. At least he probably has a job and contributes to society, heck, he might be the one that cooks my fries at Wendy's. And he would be grateful I'm helping him. The infant would just whine about it. Everyone else gave me this look like I raped their mother. Quite humorous.
 
Jeddevil said:
But your PharmD/cinematography joint degree might sway me. At least there would be some good entertainment that way when I get caught up on the scripts.

Viagra is on our formulary for 2 serious medical indications at our hospital.

1. Pulmonary Hypertension
2. Prevention of Male patients from rolling off the bed.
 
WVUPharm2007 said:
I don't get the baby thing, either. They are parasites. I remember once in class there was a debate as to what emergent patient should get treatment first, a teenager or an infant. I told everyone I'd go with the teenager. At least he probably has a job and contributes to society, heck, he might be the one that cooks my fries at Wendy's. And he would be grateful I'm helping him. The infant would just whine about it. Everyone else gave me this look like I raped their mother. Quite humorous.


Was the teenager the mother of the infant? You're in WV..right?
 
What's the matter.. WV hospital ERs can only work on one patient at a time?

That's gotta be the dumbest hypothetical situation..

Mang..u save em boff.

It's not like pharmacy school is responsible for enhancing your debating skills.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad