Pharmd/MBA

Started by ckv34l
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ckv34l

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. I am an undergrad psych major. I want to apply to pharmacy school, but I am also immensely interested in business. There are dual degree programs at UIC, (Pharmd/MBA), and a few other schools. This program enables one to complete both degrees in 5 years. I was just wondering what you all think about this pursuing this type of a degree, and what oppurtunities can arise out of doing this.I really appreciate everyones input.
Thanks.
Kevin
 
I think everything that has been said about the MD/MBA applies to all "science"/MBAs with maybe few exceptions.

Sorry we, MDs, have hijacked this forum. 🙂 .
 
Kevin,

Don't do your MBA at UIC. I gradauted from UIC this year and was considering doing my MBA at UIC, but I think there are much much better programs in Chicago. I'm at University of Chicago (its absolutely wonderful). Check our NWU or U of C. Usually you can take some time off to do your MBA at another school during graduate school, as I have opted to and if you do the math correctly it won't take you more than 5 years also (I'm going to RUSH Medical School)

Hope this helps..

rgarg3