PharmD/PhD

Started by veyep
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm considering PharmD/PhD, and after reading this thread, seems like it will be cake :laugh:

J/K.

Although, I don't think it will be painfully hard. But I am coming from an investment banking background where 70-80 hours a week are not unheard of. I took classes in the evening and weekends when things were light (60+ hours a week), and had 2 babies in the process. All without missing a beat.

PharmD/PhD seems doable...and probably much more enjoyable if it is something your heart is in. NO JOB/EXPERIENCE is worth it to an individual, in hindsight, if they are unhappy.

@chemguy79, the next guy, in your same situation might not feel the same way about pursuing the PhD portion. To each his/her own.
 
I'm considering PharmD/PhD, and after reading this thread, seems like it will be cake :laugh:

J/K.

Although, I don't think it will be painfully hard. But I am coming from an investment banking background where 70-80 hours a week are not unheard of. I took classes in the evening and weekends when things were light (60+ hours a week), and had 2 babies in the process. All without missing a beat.

PharmD/PhD seems doable...and probably much more enjoyable if it is something your heart is in. NO JOB/EXPERIENCE is worth it to an individual, in hindsight, if they are unhappy.

@chemguy79, the next guy, in your same situation might not feel the same way about pursuing the PhD portion. To each his/her own.
that's the spirit
i agree with you, i'am also interesting in the pharmd/phd in pharmacology,if any body knows what is the role of such degree in the clinical trials?can a pharmd/phd work in all phases or limited phases?
 
All phases but its kind of overkill to get a PharmD/PhD for industry. I honestly don't see the huge utility in having both degrees (similar to getting an MD/PharmD .. why?). Development and Medical Affairs is typically run by a physician - you have your smatterings of PhD's and PharmD's but I don't see many people with both.