PharmD/PhD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm considering PharmD/PhD, and after reading this thread, seems like it will be cake :laugh:

J/K.

Although, I don't think it will be painfully hard. But I am coming from an investment banking background where 70-80 hours a week are not unheard of. I took classes in the evening and weekends when things were light (60+ hours a week), and had 2 babies in the process. All without missing a beat.

PharmD/PhD seems doable...and probably much more enjoyable if it is something your heart is in. NO JOB/EXPERIENCE is worth it to an individual, in hindsight, if they are unhappy.

@chemguy79, the next guy, in your same situation might not feel the same way about pursuing the PhD portion. To each his/her own.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm considering PharmD/PhD, and after reading this thread, seems like it will be cake :laugh:

J/K.

Although, I don't think it will be painfully hard. But I am coming from an investment banking background where 70-80 hours a week are not unheard of. I took classes in the evening and weekends when things were light (60+ hours a week), and had 2 babies in the process. All without missing a beat.

PharmD/PhD seems doable...and probably much more enjoyable if it is something your heart is in. NO JOB/EXPERIENCE is worth it to an individual, in hindsight, if they are unhappy.

@chemguy79, the next guy, in your same situation might not feel the same way about pursuing the PhD portion. To each his/her own.
that's the spirit
i agree with you, i'am also interesting in the pharmd/phd in pharmacology,if any body knows what is the role of such degree in the clinical trials?can a pharmd/phd work in all phases or limited phases?

All phases but its kind of overkill to get a PharmD/PhD for industry. I honestly don't see the huge utility in having both degrees (similar to getting an MD/PharmD .. why?). Development and Medical Affairs is typically run by a physician - you have your smatterings of PhD's and PharmD's but I don't see many people with both.