Pharming in the HOOD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDBro2017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Talking sterile compounding, of course. Sorry to my retail homies in the real hood. Just trying to get a general consensus to see what everyone is doing in regards to USP797 compliance.

A few questions (feel free to expand on this list of all things hood related):
1) What all do you keep in your hood? (vial mixer, sIPA bottle, sIPA wipes, PREempt wipes, PeridoxRTU, critical site sterile wipes, etc.)
2) What product do you use as your daily germicidal?
3) What product do you use for your monthly sporicidal?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Floated to a store today that had plywood covering the windows because they were shot out. I thought I was going to have a relevant anecdote :(

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Gotta love how an actual pharmacy question gets very few responses. But to be honest I have no idea what our ops team does for this

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Gotta love how an actual pharmacy question gets very few responses. But to be honest I have no idea what our ops team does for this
I have the same issue. I know we have a repeater pump in the hood.

I know we have a daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedule but I couldn’t articulate it beyond that. *shrug*

We use PreEmpt followed by sterile alcohol for our daily cleaning. We rotate to Peridox followed by sterile alcohol for our weekly cleaning. Monthly we use the PreEmpt but wipe down literally everything in the entire room.

Inside the hood itself we keep nothing but a bottle of sterile alcohol hanging from the pole. We have a plastic cart with all the supplies right next to the hood.

Reactions: 1 users
We use PreEmpt followed by sterile alcohol for our daily cleaning. We rotate to Peridox followed by sterile alcohol for our weekly cleaning. Monthly we use the PreEmpt but wipe down literally everything in the entire room.

Inside the hood itself we keep nothing but a bottle of sterile alcohol hanging from the pole. We have a plastic cart with all the supplies right next to the hood.

Weekly cleanings w/ sporicide? Talkin best practice now... I commend you for that.

Weekly cleanings w/ sporicide? Talkin best practice now... I commend you for that.
Just tryin to keep them bugs away. And not have to deal with the headache of failing a viables test...

Just tryin to keep them bugs away. And not have to deal with the headache of failing a viables test...

Amen. PITA to fail a test and limit BUD (not to mention ~$2k for a recertification).