PhD acceptance and pubs vs. exp

Started by PsyD4me
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PsyD4me

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

So I'm starting to consider a PhD rather than a PsyD. But, I have no publications. Should I even bother applying? Are there successful applicants with no publications but rather 2-3 yrs of research/clinical experience?
 
If you have solid research experience and can talk intelligently about it then you are a good candidate. Also be prepared to discuss general (and not specific studies) research interests of yours. Also, couldn't you submit a couple of abstracts for posters to conferences while applying? Personally I had pubs but most of my classmates did not...