SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

PhD. Degree

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by UAB, Jul 17, 2002.

  1. UAB

    UAB Member 7+ Year Member

    Feb 22, 2002
    I?m a MD from an european university accepted in a 2 years research fellowship in an american medical school.
    I would like to know how it would be possible for me get the PhD. degree with my research done, is this possible ? Or I need to spend 5 years before get it doing a graduate program?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. none

    none 1K Member 10+ Year Member

    Jul 27, 2001
    Interesting question. I don't believe it is possible for you to get a PhD on work previously done outside of a formal academic program. The good news is you don't need one. Most research positions only require a doctorate of some sort and post-doctoral experience.
  4. southerndoc

    southerndoc life is good Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

    Jun 6, 2002
    To my knowledge, only the European schools allow you to earn a PhD with research alone. Try Oxford and Cambridge. Both have programs like this.

Share This Page