PhD Pharmacoeconomics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biotechie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Many schools have started a program like this: USC, UFL, U Maryland, Michigan, U Illinois, etc.

These programs are administered through the faculty of pharmacy. Classes are taken from many departments. Now, I am Canadian, received admission to U of Toronto for this program. Also received admission to U Maryland to their Pharmaceutical health Services Research program, specializing in pharmacoeconomics. How good of a school is Maryland? How reputable is their faculty of Pharmacy?

My potential supervisor at Maryland has 78 publications, while the sup at U of T has 11. Maryland has a structured program, with required classes in many areas: econ, epid, stats, etc...while U of T has no structure, basically supervisor decides what classes you take.

The stipend at Maryland is 21k, U of T is 12K.

need some advice...

Members don't see this ad.

U of M sounds better to me...

How did you click with the teachers? Having an advisor that's published frequently can only help you, but ultimately I think having a real connection with the advisor will go a long way.

I assume that the Maryland guy is Dr. Mullins, he's a nice guy, tough, but fair. He can come across as very pompous, but he was one of the best lecturers here.

So....I've come to the party late...and the party seems to be taking place in a number of different "rooms" (threads) - what's the consensus?

I thought you were only supposed to post the same topic in one thread??:confused: