Phi Beta Kappa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

screwedpremed999

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today I found out that I have not been selected for PBK. Will this hurt my chances of gaining acceptance to medical schools? I’m applying this cycle and thought it would be nice to send them an update should I have been admitted to the fraternity.

Members don't see this ad.

Adcoms focus on your GPA, MCAT score, ECs and essays. I would not worry about your PBK status (or lack there of).

Members don't see this ad :)
Lmao! Won't hurt your chances at all. IMO those honors groups are a scam. They just want your $

I have never once had PBK membership or lack thereof sway my thoughts in any way about a candidate. It is often a reflection of other factors in the application (e.g. good GPA, leadership, service, etc.) and I don't really see it as being valuable in and of itself personally.

Reactions: 4 users
Lmao! Won't hurt your chances at all. IMO those honors groups are a scam. They just want your $

Depends on how you approach these groups. My membership alone is useless, but through the group I have found premeds who have given me the contact info of shadow-friendly physicians and PIs currently taking undergrads.

Reactions: 1 users