Letter of Intent with Phi Beta Kappa Update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RJ McReady

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends

I was just recently informed about election To Phi Beta Kappa. I have already been accepted, but my question is whether I should submit a letter of intent to my top choice waitlist school which includes this Phi Beta Kappa update? Is this a worthwhile update to send if I know that I would be attending this particular school (if accepted from WL) and would withdraw from my accepted school and all other waitlists? If so, does anyone have any suggestions on how to craft such a letter of intent? Any input would be appreciated.
@Goro, @gonnif, @gyngyn, would value your opinions as well. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello friends

I was just recently informed about election To Phi Beta Kappa. I have already been accepted, but my question is whether I should submit a letter of intent to my top choice waitlist school which includes this Phi Beta Kappa update? Is this a worthwhile update to send if I know that I would be attending this particular school (if accepted from WL) and would withdraw from my accepted school and all other waitlists? If so, does anyone have any suggestions on how to craft such a letter of intent? Any input would be appreciated.
@Goro, @gonnif, @gyngyn, would value your opinions as well. Thank you!
Honor societies usually add little to an application. The reasons for the appointment are already visible in your application.
Schools that accept "LOI's" only want to see that you will drop everything to attend.

Reactions: 2 users