You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015
Started by DOthreads
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What is the deal with LOR requirement here?
Do we need LORs from BASIC SCIENCE profs (BIO/CHEM/PHYS) as per their email or can we just use LORs from SCIENCE profs?
Do we need LORs from BASIC SCIENCE profs (BIO/CHEM/PHYS) as per their email or can we just use LORs from SCIENCE profs?
What is the deal with LOR requirement here?
Do we need LORs from BASIC SCIENCE profs (BIO/CHEM/PHYS) as per their email or can we just use LORs from SCIENCE profs?
Curious about this as well. Also wondering whether or not a PI i did research with and received credit for would count as a science prof.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would someone be kind enough to give me the link that says the mission and values of PCOM? I tried looking up on the website but I couldn't 🙁
Thank you so much!
Thank you so much!
Thinking I might be wasting my time with PCOM, but I'm giving it a shot anyhow. This secondary word limit is tough!
@NervousWreck6 http://www.pcom.edu/General_Information/PCOM_Mission_Statement/Mission_Statement.html
@NervousWreck6 http://www.pcom.edu/General_Information/PCOM_Mission_Statement/Mission_Statement.html
Last edited:
Hope I have a good shot. OOS applicant: 3.5 cGPA 3.33 sGPA, 30 (11/9/10) MCAT
Is there anyway to check the status or even confirm that they received the secondary or payment? I didn't get a single email from them after submitting the secondary.
So they have my pre-health adviser letter listed as "recommendation letter 1" and the "pre-health adviser" section is blank. How am I supposed to get that fixed if they won't give any info in regards to apps?
Call them?So they have my pre-health adviser letter listed as "recommendation letter 1" and the "pre-health adviser" section is blank. How am I supposed to get that fixed if they won't give any info in regards to apps?
People with more than one MCAT: Does your first test date show up in the Requirements, MCAT Scores?
Only the first ****ty mcat I have shows up I called and they said only one date the first one shows but two are on file.People with more than one MCAT: Does your first test date show up in the Requirements, MCAT Scores?
Are you letters showing up yet
Hope I have a good shot. OOS applicant: 3.5 cGPA 3.33 sGPA, 30 (11/9/10) MCAT
I remember you from the March MCAT test date thread! Congrats on the retake!!!
Thanks omppu27! Well Im still waiting for PCOM's secondary. But I mean I was verified only 5 days ago so who knows when I will be getting that email
What is the deal with LOR requirement here?
Do we need LORs from BASIC SCIENCE profs (BIO/CHEM/PHYS) as per their email or can we just use LORs from SCIENCE profs?
So I called the admissions office and asked about this.
They said three need to be from faculty that taught you. However, they said my PI research would be fine because I received credit from the research. They also said my anatomy professor would be okay.
Thanks for clearing this up, I was wondering as well. One of my professors is finishing up a letter but won't be able to get it in until mid August. I hope this doesn't ruin my chances! Good luck to everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This secondary just fuels my inner desire to write like Hemingway. I haven't used one contraction, in a secondary, yet. May have to break that run on this bad boy..
Does anyone know when they usually start sending out interview invites?
Does anyone know when they usually start sending out interview invites?
late august
late august
Last year it was mid/end of September for the first round of ii's
Application submitted on Saturday. I didn't get an email saying application complete, is there any way to check my status online?
dude seriously?
Lmaodude seriously?
Yes seriously. I asked for friendly advice.
Laughing at and mocking someone looking for help is unbecoming of one whose desired profession is solely focused on helping people. For the sake of your future patients, I truly hope your bedside manner is better than your online conduct.
Laughing at and mocking someone looking for help is unbecoming of one whose desired profession is solely focused on helping people. For the sake of your future patients, I truly hope your bedside manner is better than your online conduct.
I sent my secondary on 7/19 and received confirmation that they had received it on 7/23. In that email there will be a link to the online application summary, where you can check to make sure all your items are in.
they update over there at the speed of smell apparently haha, I sent mine in July 31 and got an email back Aug 2 confirming. They haven't update any of my other info, LOR's, app fee, though- what about you guys?
I called them last week because mine did the same thing. That means that they won't consider it as your committee letter. For me, it was because it was not on letterhead.All of my stuff is in, but my committee letter was put under additional letters instead of on the required line for committee letter.
Just got the secondary received email. I checked my status which is missing my letters. You guys think it's worth it to call them and ask if they have it? They said they are not giving status updates on anything via phone or email.
Yes seriously. I asked for friendly advice.
Laughing at and mocking someone looking for help is unbecoming of one whose desired profession is solely focused on helping people. For the sake of your future patients, I truly hope your bedside manner is better than your online conduct.
Lol. Chill out, brah. I think he/she was just trying to say that there is no need to worry about not getting a complete email yet. Not even one business day had gone by since you had submitted. There is a lot of people applying, these things can take awhile.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the secondary received email. I checked my status which is missing my letters. You guys think it's worth it to call them and ask if they have it? They said they are not giving status updates on anything via phone or email.
Did you send it in via interfolio?
Did you send it in via interfolio?
Not OP, but I sent through interfolio and mine still havent showed up. Their email says you should wait 5-10 business days, so if you are within that timeframe (as I am), I would just wait.
Just got the secondary received email. I checked my status which is missing my letters. You guys think it's worth it to call them and ask if they have it? They said they are not giving status updates on anything via phone or email.
then don't....
I emailed about letters since I mistakenly sent them when I submitted AACOMAS and they told me they wouldn't give status on anything until I was complete. So yeah, don't call @darthsubway
My undergrad uses VirtualEval instead. I'll just chill and do some more apps 😛Did you send it in via interfolio?
My undergrad uses VirtualEval instead. I'll just chill and do some more apps 😛
I like your attitude!
Just thought I'd share this with you future PCOM applicants!
I was there for the event presenting for my undergraduate university and walked over to PCOMs tent. It was quite fun!
I have 5 LORs (nontraditional student). 2 science professor, 1 research, and 2 volunteer supervisors. I called and they said none of the research or volunteering LORs count as a substitute for a third faculty LOR.
What the heck?!? Now I gotta scramble to find a third LOR from faculty? Or should I wait and see what they do with my application first?
What the heck?!? Now I gotta scramble to find a third LOR from faculty? Or should I wait and see what they do with my application first?
Yeah, they've been [Expletive]. I had to have my pre-med adviser resubmit the letter because it wasn't on letterhead. I don't know how I could fake a letter when it comes from the Dean's school email address.I have 5 LORs (nontraditional student). 2 science professor, 1 research, and 2 volunteer supervisors. I called and they said none of the research or volunteering LORs count as a substitute for a third faculty LOR.
What the heck?!? Now I gotta scramble to find a third LOR from faculty? Or should I wait and see what they do with my application first?
Yeah, they've been [Expletive]. I had to have my pre-med adviser resubmit the letter because it wasn't on letterhead. I don't know how I could fake a letter when it comes from the Dean's school email address.
Ugh. Do you know if a pre-med advisor letter can be substituted in for a faculty letter? My school doesn't do committee letters but an advisor will write one for you.
Yes, it's their preferred letter.Ugh. Do you know if a pre-med advisor letter can be substituted in for a faculty letter? My school doesn't do committee letters but an advisor will write one for you.
Yes, it's their preferred letter.
Even though it's not a committee letter?
Edit: Just saw "or advisor" on the email Thanks for the help!
Speaking of letters mine were uploading july15th and have not been added and I called Monday and they were like call back In a week
Mine were sent in the 21st in a review packet and they haven't updated mine either. Slowpokes!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder why some schools automatically say that they have your letters and some take weeks
Mine have been showing up on the status page within a day of receipt. I would seriously call them to make sure they aren't rejecting your letters for reasons such as lack of letterhead. That was the problem I had.I wonder why some schools automatically say that they have your letters and some take weeks
Mine have been showing up on the status page within a day of receipt. I would seriously call them to make sure they aren't rejecting your letters for reasons such as lack of letterhead. That was the problem I had.
grrr I was going to wait until the 15 day window expired before I started bugging them, wish they would just update my crap- anyone know when they start sending out II's?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 437
- Views
- 132K
- Replies
- 130
- Views
- 35K
- Replies
- 652
- Views
- 174K
- Replies
- 181
- Views
- 27K
- Replies
- 178
- Views
- 50K