Program-Specific Info / Q's Philadelphia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AGOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did any of you apply to PhilaU?
Has anyone heard back from PhilaU yet?
Are there any current students that could share some information or thoughts about the program? I'm currently an undergrad student at PhilaU, but because the OT program is a weekend program and I am not usually on campus on weekends, I haven't had the opportunity to speak with students in the program.

Members don't see this ad.

Did any of you apply to PhilaU?
Has anyone heard back from PhilaU yet?
Are there any current students that could share some information or thoughts about the program? I'm currently an undergrad student at PhilaU, but because the OT program is a weekend program and I am not usually on campus on weekends, I haven't had the opportunity to speak with students in the program.
I still haven't heard back yet from PhilaU

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! I am also waiting to hear back. Would you mind sharing your stats?
Sure!
University: Philadelphia University
Major: Psychology (minor in Biology)
OTCAS GPA: 3.73
Pre-req: 3.96
MAT: 412 (73rd percentile)
Observation Hours: 82 total (8 hospital, 62 at elementary schools, 12 SNF)

I hope you hear back from them soon!

I was accepted to, but I am hesitant with the layout of the program
Yeah, I can definitely understand that. I had some concerns but I requested to speak with a current student and the information that she provided about the program made me feel much better about it. My main concern was the lack of time in class for building clinical skills, but apparently they are partnered with a local pro-bono clinic, which is a way for students to practice clinical skills.

I also just graduated from PhilaU, and my experience so far is that faculty members will go above and beyond to help students succeed, and that played a huge role in my decision to attend.

That is really helpful information about the pro-bono clinic, thank you. I am from the area and currently attend Saint Joseph's University, so I know the area is really nice, and I heard great things from the faculty. The online portion just makes me nervous because I really enjoy learning in the classroom, but will probably put my deposit in as I am still waiting to hear back from other programs. I guess with the online portion it will be easier to work a little while attending school.

Reactions: 1 user
Still waiting to hear from Philly U.

Did you guys get admitted w/o an interview? I'm not sure if that program does interviews or if they accept based off of paperwork.
It looks like they sent out some acceptance letters December 2016...(or was it through an email? or phone call?) is it weird that some applicants haven't heard anything yet? In anycase, congrats to those who've been accepted!! :)

Did you guys get admitted w/o an interview? I'm not sure if that program does interviews or if they accept based off of paperwork.
It looks like they sent out some acceptance letters December 2016...(or was it through an email? or phone call?) is it weird that some applicants haven't heard anything yet? In anycase, congrats to those who've been accepted!! :)
I was accepted without an interview. I think it is entirely based on paperwork. I received an email acceptance letter.

I was accepted without an interview. I think it is entirely based on paperwork. I received an email acceptance letter.
Thanks for the info! congrats as well :) hopefully...I'll hear from them soon?

I got a notice that I was waitlisted on the Jan 23.

That is really helpful information about the pro-bono clinic, thank you. I am from the area and currently attend Saint Joseph's University, so I know the area is really nice, and I heard great things from the faculty. The online portion just makes me nervous because I really enjoy learning in the classroom, but will probably put my deposit in as I am still waiting to hear back from other programs. I guess with the online portion it will be easier to work a little while attending school.

I am strongly considering attending Philly U! Did the student you speak to say that the online portion as okay?

I was accepted to, but I am hesitant with the layout of the program
Hey I was wondering if you would be able to share the deadline date the University gave you to place a deposit/accept your offer? I was waitlisted, and was wondering when I could expect to hear back about being removed from the waitlist. Thanks!

Hey I was wondering if you would be able to share the deadline date the University gave you to place a deposit/accept your offer? I was waitlisted, and was wondering when I could expect to hear back about being removed from the waitlist. Thanks!

The form I received stated January 15th. I later received an email after inquiring about my check deposit that the deadline was misprinted and it's January 30th

My deadline was January 15th.

I was accepted in December, and put down my deposit in January. I was initially very hesitant about the program, but after doing research (and being wait listed at a few other programs) I've decided to attend in the fall. I took many online courses during my undergrad and am hopeful about the possibility of working through school. If anyone else is attending PM me, I would love to hear about you and your plans for the fall!