Philippines Medical School Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

watsupdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've been searching several medical schools in the Philippines. I always come across with this requirement: certificate of good moral character. What does this mean? Is it another way of saying letter of recommendation?
Also, do I inform my college to me a transcript instead of the medical school? Does this also apply to my LORs?

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same question (certificate of good moral character???). Sorry, can't help with an answer. Maybe somebody can... hopefully.
Thanks

certificate of good moral character is similar / same as letter of recommendation. it indicates you were a student & have no criminal / offensive records. just need it to be signed by the registrar of your previous school.

if you need any help or information for Philippines med school pls feel free to pm me

Members don't see this ad :)
im a bs nursing graduate and i want to proceed to medicine. they say i still have to take some subject before i could actually proceed. is it true?

im a bs nursing graduate and i want to proceed to medicine. they say i still have to take some subject before i could actually proceed. is it true?

Most schools don't have any pre req just Bachelors degree and NMAT. A few schools are strict but there are so many schools accepting anybody with a BS degree.

Does anyone know exactly what type of transcripts the schools need to start he application? Could student copies do, or is it necessary to send an officially sealed document?

hello! if u have a photocopy of your transcript of record, you can ask anyone from the admissions committee for evaluation if u lack certain number of units before you can apply. that way, you'll know personally if u still need to take some subjects or not anymore. good luck!

Does anyone know exactly what type of transcripts the schools need to start he application? Could student copies do, or is it necessary to send an officially sealed document?

it (transcript of record) should be an officially sealed document by your school/university registrar.

Most schools don't have any pre req just Bachelors degree and NMAT. A few schools are strict but there are so many schools accepting anybody with a BS degree.

I hope this applies to all three med schools i'm interested in. I only have 8 credits of Biology since I'm not a bio major (15 cr.hrs. required at UST), and 3 credits of sociology (last time I checked, UST requires 12 cr hrs. in the social sciences).

My 16 credits of Chemistry (GenChem1&2 + Orgo1&2), 8 credits of Physics1&2, and Calc1&2 and Stats should satisfy the other requisites. It's quite unusual why they're not specific on having taken the associated lab courses.

Even AUC, Ross and SGU requires 2 years of Chem, 1 year of Bio, and 1 year of Physics - all with labs.

I hope this applies to all three med schools i'm interested in. I only have 8 credits of Biology since I'm not a bio major (15 cr.hrs. required at UST), and 3 credits of sociology (last time I checked, UST requires 12 cr hrs. in the social sciences).

My 16 credits of Chemistry (GenChem1&2 + Orgo1&2), 8 credits of Physics1&2, and Calc1&2 and Stats should satisfy the other requisites. It's quite unusual why they're not specific on having taken the associated lab courses.

Even AUC, Ross and SGU requires 2 years of Chem, 1 year of Bio, and 1 year of Physics - all with labs.

You have to inquire directly from the administration. Most websites are obsolete. Other than PLM I don't know any school that is strict with pre-requisites.