Philippines Medical School Requirements

Discussion in 'China and Eastern Asia' started by watsupdoc, Jun 17, 2008.

1. watsupdoc

Pre-Medical
    So, I've been searching several medical schools in the Philippines. I always come across with this requirement: certificate of good moral character. What does this mean? Is it another way of saying letter of recommendation?
    Also, do I inform my college to me a transcript instead of the medical school? Does this also apply to my LORs?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. arkzangel1

Post Doc
    I have the same question (certificate of good moral character???). Sorry, can't help with an answer. Maybe somebody can... hopefully.
    Thanks

4. mecbd

certificate of good moral character is similar / same as letter of recommendation. it indicates you were a student & have no criminal / offensive records. just need it to be signed by the registrar of your previous school.

if you need any help or information for Philippines med school pls feel free to pm me

5. gerrah

Pre-Medical
    im a bs nursing graduate and i want to proceed to medicine. they say i still have to take some subject before i could actually proceed. is it true?

6. tantrum

tantrum Senior Member

Most schools don't have any pre req just Bachelors degree and NMAT. A few schools are strict but there are so many schools accepting anybody with a BS degree.

7. Co128

Does anyone know exactly what type of transcripts the schools need to start he application? Could student copies do, or is it necessary to send an officially sealed document?

8. bleudsky

bleudsky MD, DPAFP

Resident [Any Field]
    hello! if u have a photocopy of your transcript of record, you can ask anyone from the admissions committee for evaluation if u lack certain number of units before you can apply. that way, you'll know personally if u still need to take some subjects or not anymore. good luck!

9. bleudsky

bleudsky MD, DPAFP

Resident [Any Field]
    it (transcript of record) should be an officially sealed document by your school/university registrar.

10. iguodala76ers

iguodala76ers Member

Medical Student
    I hope this applies to all three med schools i'm interested in. I only have 8 credits of Biology since I'm not a bio major (15 cr.hrs. required at UST), and 3 credits of sociology (last time I checked, UST requires 12 cr hrs. in the social sciences).

My 16 credits of Chemistry (GenChem1&2 + Orgo1&2), 8 credits of Physics1&2, and Calc1&2 and Stats should satisfy the other requisites. It's quite unusual why they're not specific on having taken the associated lab courses.

Even AUC, Ross and SGU requires 2 years of Chem, 1 year of Bio, and 1 year of Physics - all with labs.

11. tantrum

tantrum Senior Member

You have to inquire directly from the administration. Most websites are obsolete. Other than PLM I don't know any school that is strict with pre-requisites.

12. iguodala76ers

iguodala76ers Member

Medical Student
    thanks!