• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

D

deleted997102

Good day,

I know that most Filipino medical students who take the USMLE start taking the steps after completing the medical program in the Philippines. My question though, is for those who started the step before graduating. I see a lot of posts about having to take a semester off or taking some days off (and apparently sacrifice some points for not being present in class) during year 3 of med school in the Philippines just to take the USMLE. I am wondering why is this so? Can't step 1 be taken anytime, and if that's the case, there is a summer break in between years 2 and 3 when it could have been taken? Is it because there is a clinical rotation over the summer, or is the test appointment dependent on what day the test centers authorize you to take it?

I really don't know, so I apologize if you find this to be a dumb question.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.