Philips BV Pulsera "End of service life" issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ligament

Interventional Pain Management
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a gen 2 Philips BV pulsera (2009 mfg date)

I like it just fine. I'd be happy to keep using it for another 5+ years if I could get a service contract to keep the runtime up.

Service techs told us that this year is "end of service life" for this machine.

Which made me think we need to get a new one.

However, I still see 20+ year old OEC 9800s in operation.

Does anybody have thoughts on this?

Members don't see this ad.

Mine is an 07. Used by me in my office. Replaced tube 2 years ago. Replaced battery pack 3x over the years. When she goes, she goes. Will replace with OEC Elite.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine is an 07. Used by me in my office. Replaced tube 2 years ago. Replaced battery pack 3x over the years. When she goes, she goes. Will replace with OEC Elite.

Question is up-time.

If she goes, you could be waiting weeks to get a new c-arm, especially with all these MFG delays (even for replacement parts on used c-arms).

What will you do in that situation?

Thats why I'm feeling an urge to get one covered by an official service contract with up time assurances

Question is up-time.

If she goes, you could be waiting weeks to get a new c-arm, especially with all these MFG delays (even for replacement parts on used c-arms).

Thats why I'm feeling an urge to get one covered by an official service contract with up time assurances
I work for a hospital. Other machine can be moved in next day.

Question is up-time.

Do u have an asc or hospital u can use as a backup?

What you're describing could also happen during the svc contract period.

I had mega bucks Philips service contract with guaranteed times. Didn't help when battery pack needed replacing and had to be shipped in.