Philosophy: Critical Thinking and Composition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliGirl14

No worries.
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you recommend a class in philosophy: critical thinking and composition? Would it help with the MCAT at all?

How much of the MCAT is critical thinking?

Course description: this course is a development of ciritical thinking skills necessary for evaluation and formulation of argumentative essays, and practice in applying these skills. Critical writing about philosophical/logical concepts applicable for any systematic thinking is the focus of this course.

If not, what would you recommend to increase your critical thinking skills?

Thank you in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

if you took the class seriously and studied verbal hard (practice, practice, practice) I think it would help. But if you just take it and passively go to class thinking it will magically boost your verbal score, don't count on it.

Cali, if it shapes the way you see the world, it will help. Philosophy teaches you to read critically, to extract ideas from writing. in philosophy, you read sentences and think to yourself "i have no idea what i just read" lol and it makes you read it again. this skill is priceless in all things, and improving the sharpness of your reading will come in handy for the MCAT, where you need to read things once, well, and pull together thoughts from it.

> Philosophy minor here