Philosophy of Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mestmet31

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took "philosophy of science" at my school and I am wondering if it is an other-science or non-science class. It says I took it in the philosophy department, however this class is a requirement to graduate with a biology degree. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I took "philosophy of science" at my school and I am wondering if it is an other-science or non-science class. It says I took it in the philosophy department, however this class is a requirement to graduate with a biology degree. What do you guys think?

I took a class called "history of science" and I called it non-science...I would think philosophy is the same kinda deal

It's non-science.

Members don't see this ad :)

lol with my B.A in philosophy and a minor in philosophy of science, I can tell you straight up any philosophy course is considered by all reputable academic institution as 101% non science. Though you can probably try argue its Meta-science, but I don't think that'll fly too well with the adcoms.

I'd say non-science too. All my English-type classes that I've taken have been themed around history/philosophy/sociology of science comparing literature and how it's impacted science etc for my major at my uni because of the college I am a part of (we have to take these "hps" classes as our English/writing courses).