Hopefully there is someone here who is not a filipino citizen and has been through the process... Here's my issue: I am trying to decide whether to get my visa here in the US, or in the Philippines. Both run the risk of my never even getting the visa in time to begin classes. I somehow need to find a way to get it done before June 12th. Factors against doing the visa in the consulate in the USA: 1) I received the Letter of Acceptance only a week ago. I still don't have the CEA in my possession. 2) Apparently, even my health form needs to be notarized. I'll need to find a new doctor who works with a notary public. If I were doing it in the Filippines, I'd just need to pay a visit to the National Quarantine Center. 3) Because of 1 and 2, it is unlikely that I'll have the necessary paperwork to submit my application before May 31st. Is this enough time? If I apply here, I have to bet that they will process everything by June 12th. If not, I will no longer have possession of most documents I need to even start applying in the Philippines. Factors against doing the visa in the Department of Foreign Affairs in the Philippines: 1) on the phone they strongly encouraged me to do it in the USA. 2) They told me that they don't really talk to students, only school administrators. That means I'll be at the mercy of the staff at my school's admission office. 3) What if there is more paperwork that needs to be done at the foreign post?? I guess my questions are: 1) Which option gives me the least chance of not being able to start class June 12th 2) Has anyone experienced either student visa acquisition route -- Filipino or Foreign post 3) Honestly, at this stage, given that my earliest date for applying for a student visa in the US is May 31st, and earliest day of applying for a student visa in Philippines is June 4th, what are my realistic chances of starting class on the 12th? --LocutusOfBorg P.S. My Epitaph: Passed the premeds, aced the NMATs, killed by the bureaucracy.