China and Eastern Asia "Statement of Need" inquiry for J-1 ECFMG visa application (Please Help)

Started by kahin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kahin

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I'm a third year US medical student originally from Hong Kong. I am looking to obtain a 'Statement of need' from the Hong Kong Department of Health, in order to apply for a J-1 visa sponsored by ECFMG. I have a year to figure this out since I'm still third year, but I would like to find out earlier on how to initiate the process.

Has anyone had success doing this recently? I'd be grateful if you could share the contact details for who to contact, or advice on getting this done! I tried to email the HK health department...out of luck so far

Many thankssss.
 
My friend from HK attends MATCH this season and she found nobody did this before. I think this is still too early for you to prepare for that coz you will possibly match to an H-1b sponsoring program.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's easy. Just send a couple of emails. Not hard at all.
Hiii Shuk, thanx for ur info. Me is HKer as well on the way to apply "Statement of needs". May I ask which department do you contact for ? Dept of Health or MCHK?

I previously read this, mentioning UH is refusing to issue SON as DH is not the body to confirm the qualification for practing medicine. I not sure which department to contact.

Many thanks for your help!
 
Hiii Shuk, thanx for ur info. Me is HKer as well on the way to apply "Statement of needs". May I ask which department do you contact for ? Dept of Health or MCHK?

I previously read this, mentioning UH is refusing to issue SON as DH is not the body to confirm the qualification for practing medicine. I not sure which department to contact.
crossy road

Many thanks for your help!
Do you know if there is any other agency I should contact besides the Department of Health or MCHK to clarify the process for obtaining the 'Statement of Needs'?