Phone interview ten site visit attire

Started by jbizzle
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jbizzle

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I had a phone interview for a position since it was too far for me to drive. Well they said the next step was they want me to come for a "visit" according to the email. Is a suit a bit much for this?
 
I don't think there is such a thing as being over dressed, like there is for being under dressed. I'd say take the suit jacket and if, once you get there, you decide to ditch it at some point, at least you were prepared. Congrats!
 
I'm always an advocate for the suit. While it was called a 'visit' in the email, it's still essentially an interview and your opportunity to make a physical first impression.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm always an advocate for the suit. While it was called a 'visit' in the email, it's still essentially an interview and your opportunity to make a physical first impression.
So even if I already interviewed and answered all the "interview" like questions through the phone they still plan to interview again?
 
So even if I already interviewed and answered all the "interview" like questions through the phone they still plan to interview again?
I'd be prepared for it if you don't know for sure otherwise. It's not unusual to go through more than one round of interviews before an offer, and you may be meeting people that weren't in on the interview call.
 
You guys were spot on. As a new grad I didn't know about phone interviews and what to expect during the visit but it was just another interview. Good thing I wore a suit and tie.