phone interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackyv7

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's really a surprise to get a call from St. Louis U last week, cause I just submit my application to SOPHAS 10 days ago. They asked for a phone interview. I am an international student and never have a interview on the phone, so no idea what they will ask . Any tips guys?? Thanks.:)

Members don't see this ad.

I would go to the SDN interview feedback section and check out questions people were asked in their MD interviews. I did that for one of my MPH interviews, and the questions were nearly identical. Yours may not be the same as for the MD program at SLU, but you'll at least get an idea of the types of questions you'll (possibly) face.

i have had this experience..and thank god it was a good one!!

well, they will probably start with you,, your SOP, your acadenic and personal goals,, a question which will be very common will be that where u want to see yourself in say next 5 years..and how you plan to reach there..

why MPH
why u think we should choose u
abt your resume/work experienece
what will u bring in the class
abt the field you have choosen..

basically they will test your communication skills and how you handle yourself while talking to senior faculty and all..

nutshell, just a brief abt yourself, your chosen field in MPH, ur past experience, goals and all..

good luck and do tell us how it goes,,,,

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if a follow up phone interview is common? I've never heard of this happening and didn't know if I should expect or hope for one. certain programs at UW require interviews but that's the only reference to it I've seen...for non-international students, is this common?

Good luck on the interview! (and also congrats on getting your application in so early!)

Does anyone know if a follow up phone interview is common? I've never heard of this happening and didn't know if I should expect or hope for one. certain programs at UW require interviews but that's the only reference to it I've seen...for non-international students, is this common?

Good luck on the interview! (and also congrats on getting your application in so early!)

heyy,i too have just received a call fm the program director for a follow-up phone interview.i'm an int'l applicant and totally freaked out upon receivin the call:confused:..will keep everyone posted!:xf:

It's really a surprise to get a call from St. Louis U last week, cause I just submit my application to SOPHAS 10 days ago. They asked for a phone interview. I am an international student and never have a interview on the phone, so no idea what they will ask . Any tips guys?? Thanks.:)

heyyy jacky

how did ur interview go?i too just gt done with my SLU interview...went on pretty well...got a follow up interview with the prog director today!:xf:which prog r u applying to-MHA/MPH?

HI .. im an intl student..applied to SLU for MPH in epidemiology ..just recieved an email for a phone interview .. any suggestions from those who had IV with SLU??