PhorCAS is now open! get ready!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dftpnk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
have any other PGY-1 hopefuls signed up for phorcas? can't believe the time is already here!

Members don't see this ad.

have any other PGY-1 hopefuls signed up for phorcas? can't believe the time is already here!

Hopefully it goes a lot smoother this year. I was the recruitment coordinator last year at my residency program and it was a nightmare considering it was the first time they rolled out the program.

I'm sure they ironed out all the wrinkles by now. Good luck!

I started filling mine out today and I think I am going to have to do a little bit every day for a week or so. At least the list of participating programs is out!

Members don't see this ad :)
PhORCAS barely opened up, and I'm already having issues. I decided to take advantage of reusing my application from last year. I went into the transcript section. You can't update your GPA (my GPA improved slightly from when I applied and when I graduated), and there's no transcript request link for those that want to send their final transcripts from when you graduated.

I was told to add my school again and then you'd get the link for a request form. That doesn't work either. I really don't want to start a new application because I'd have to fill out a description for all my community service again and that section was a pain...

how detailed are you all being in terms of extracurricular activities? just including info from CV?

how detailed are you all being in terms of extracurricular activities? just including info from CV?
I don't have many extracurriculars but I'm just putting what's on the CV.

I wish I knew how it appeared from the residency director view.

I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I'll be applying for a PGY-2 this coming up year. I know some PGY-2's early commit. I was wondering what's the proper etiquette to go about checking if the program early committed or had plans to early commit. Would it be wrong to email the program? If not, when would be a good time to contact the program? I know some program early committed around the end of October. As of now, ever single program that's in the specialty I want is available to apply to on PhORCAS, so that's no help. I'm not sure if that'll be changing soon or not.

I hear a lot of institutions make their residents check out midyear before allowing them to early commit. IIRC our residents are doing PPS and then coming back for both sides to decide. But even within our program, different RPDs are going about it differently. So YMMV a lot imo.

Yeah, that's the issue I guess. Maybe the information will change on PhORCAS after Midyear. I was looking at the stats from last year. Apparently, half the programs in the specialty I want early committed.

Hello !
I am a US permanent resident, and have graduated from a foreign pharmacy school in 2011. I want to know what is the process of references in pharmacy PhorCAS application ? I am a bit confused by that as I want to know what kind of references are required? Whom should I send request to? Do they accept an international pharmacy college reference?

Secondly, what are the chances to get a residency for an international Pharm-D graduate.

Thank you in advance.

P.S: I have cleared the FPGEC certificate

Yeah, that's the issue I guess. Maybe the information will change on PhORCAS after Midyear. I was looking at the stats from last year. Apparently, half the programs in the specialty I want early committed.
You must be trying to do ID?

Hello !
I am a US permanent resident, and have graduated from a foreign pharmacy school in 2011. I want to know what is the process of references in pharmacy PhorCAS application ? I am a bit confused by that as I want to know what kind of references are required? Whom should I send request to? Do they accept an international pharmacy college reference?

Secondly, what are the chances to get a residency for an international Pharm-D graduate.

Thank you in advance.

Are you a US citizen or have a Visa? If not, I think the chances are really low. I was trying to help my friend look for residency programs last year and most won't sponsor non-citizens. When I was researching for my friend, there were a handful that were accepting only international students.

Hello !

Thank you in advance.

Are you a US citizen or have a Visa? If not, I think the chances are really low. I was trying to help my friend look for residency programs last year and most won't sponsor non-citizens. When I was researching for my friend, there were a handful that were accepting only international students.

Reactions: 1 user
I am US permanent resident with green card. I don't need H1b j1 or any type of visa. by the way thanks for replying. Now what you think?.

I am US permanent resident with green card. I don't need H1b j1 or any type of visa. by the way thanks for replying. Now what you think?.
Not exactly sure. I'm guessing your chances would be about as good as someone from an unknown pharmacy school with similar stats. If you've made good grades, have good ECs, work experience, and ace your interviews, I think you have a good shot. Just be sure to apply broadly and to some of the less competitive programs.

Not exactly sure. I'm guessing your chances would be about as good as someone from an unknown pharmacy school with similar stats. If you've made good grades, have good ECs, work experience, and ace your interviews, I think you have a good shot. Just be sure to apply broadly and to some of the less competitive programs.
Thank you, appreciate you