PhORCAS Pharmacy License Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HomeboyHero

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you're applying to a PGY1 program, do you need to list your intern licenses on the portal on the left hand side under "change license information"? I submitted my applications but noticed this yesterday... and from what I remember, it bypasses you once you have declared you are applying for a PGY1 program. Can someone shed some light on this?
 
If you're applying to a PGY1 program, do you need to list your intern licenses on the portal on the left hand side under "change license information"? I submitted my applications but noticed this yesterday... and from what I remember, it bypasses you once you have declared you are applying for a PGY1 program. Can someone shed some light on this?

I did not see that either - I have talked to two of my friends who are applying who also did not see it. I called PhORCAS, and it seems that I was able to update and input my intern license information. I was told by PhORCAS (after the fact) that this sends notifications to each program. I was then worried, as the majority of the programs that I applied to had deadlines that had already passed. Does anyone know if this is a big concern? I know that license information is not required information, however, I am still a little worried. I have been told that programs can use the information entered into PhORCAS to "sort out" applicants (i.e. GPA > 3.7, at least 1 publication, etc.). I was wondering if programs also sort with the license information? Thank you.