Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

photo for secondaries

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dr Krazy, Aug 1, 2001.

1. Dr Krazy

Dr Krazy Member

Since I'm at school for the summer, I was wondering what the easiest and least expensive way of getting a photo for the secondaries. I am at Cornell by the way, so if any Cornellians reading this can let me know where I can get it done, that would be much appreciated =)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Aoshi

Aoshi Member

I can take your photo for you, you dork. I'm the pro photographer, remember?

And for those of you who think I'm being mean, I've been friends with Dr. Krazy since I was 2 years old. :D

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Just go someplace that advertises in the yellow pages that they take passport photos. It won't be a great photo, but it won't cost you an arm & a leg. Get a couple extras for when you need a passport! Or, you could let your "friend" do it..............

5. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.

What about using modern technology to your advantage. we humans do use it for a reason now :) [see the planet of the apes thread in lounge]

My school has free color printing for students. So i scanned a good picture of mine and cropped the head, tiled it about 16 times on a page and wah lah! Free color photos in passport size.

6. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Resident [Any Field]
    Use the small photo booths found in every mall. They cost $3.oo and give you 4 color photos. Fast easy, just the machine and you.

7. E'01

E'01 1K Member

Medical Student
    Dr. Krazy - I graduated from CU a while ago, but have you tried Pyramid mall or the campus store (photo section)?

8. Daredevil

Daredevil Senior Member

Attending Physician
    I went to Cornell too! Class of 2001! =) Anyways, if you don't have any luck at Pyramid mall, try looking around by the Commons and its surrounding area. I'm sure Ithaca has a photoshop somewhere.

9. phillybabe

phillybabe Senior Member

When I applied last year, I got a passport size taken professionally and color photocopied it for all the applications. The photocopies are very good if you get them done at Kinko's or someplace like that. Cheap and works fine.