Photos for Secondaries!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mleung39

Mleung39
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any of you know anything about sending pictures with your application?
Why do med schools want them anyways? Do they not want "non-good looking" doctors? What do you guys think about not sending a picture when it says that it's "optional" like Boston U? Do you think it would count against me?

Members don't see this ad.

Mleung39 said:
Why do med schools want them anyways? Do they not want "non-good looking" doctors? What do you guys think about not sending a picture when it says that it's "optional" like Boston U? Do you think it would count against me?

i've heard photos provide them more ease in remembering your app as well as confirm your identity during interviews...etc.
i don't think it'll count against you since it is optional.. (it's just a picture, relax!)

also, for those of us without digital cameras and the such....
if you go to the photo dept. of your local drug store and get a passport photo, at wallgreens at least it is 7.99.

i found out that if you ask them not to cut the picture, it prints
on a 4x6. You can take that 4x6 and use it to make digital prints at 29 cents a pop. All the pictures you need for under 10 bucks

Members don't see this ad :)
Like an ethnic quota, there is a beauty quota. If you don't meet the requirements, you receive a flat-out rejection without even a look at your application. You think they look at your MCAT/GPA first? No...

zach1201 said:
Like an ethnic quota, there is a beauty quota. If you don't meet the requirements, you receive a flat-out rejection without even a look at your application. You think they look at your MCAT/GPA first? No...

lololol :laugh:

I am young and look young. my secondary photo made me look even younger (i wore a tie and a mock zip cardigan making me look like some school boy). but at the end of the day, i was too lazy to take another pic... so i am also hoping that the picture is just a picture

everything ive heard has been that they use it to confirm that you are the same person who took the MCAT and comes for the interview..

chitowndr said:
everything ive heard has been that they use it to confirm that you are the same person who took the MCAT and comes for the interview..

i doubt they scan it and go through all the trouble. saving time = saving money

Thanks for the input. Got it taken care of.

Unless your picture would frighten an average kindergartener or granny, I highly doubt it could hurt you.

Mleung39 said: