Physical Therapists in the Emergency Department

Started by prc62
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

prc62

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a first year DPT student, and I'm researching the role of physical therapists in the Emergency Department. I figured I would ask the pros about their opinions on it before I take a step farther into my investigation!

Does anyone have experience as a musculoskeletal specialist in the ED? I would love to hear about some physical therapist's experiences and opinions about it.

Thanks everyone
 
I am currently a first year DPT student, and I'm researching the role of physical therapists in the Emergency Department. I figured I would ask the pros about their opinions on it before I take a step farther into my investigation!

Does anyone have experience as a musculoskeletal specialist in the ED? I would love to hear about some physical therapist's experiences and opinions about it.

Thanks everyone

Try to contact one of the two people cited in this link
http://www.apta.org/PTinMotion/NewsNow/2011/8/30/EDPodcasts/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hope this attachment shows...

Thank you for this! I actually have already done some literature research, and this is one of the articles I have found.

I am more interested in hearing from physical therapists who work in the ED or know someone who has, or other physical therapist's opinions on the subject.