Physical therapy reference for Temporomandibular disorders (TMD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrTMD

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a TMD & Orofacial Pain Resident. I am looking for a comprehensive reference for physical therapy exercises that pertain to the orofacial region.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I'm a current dental student interested in a TMD & Orofacial Pain Residency. Could you give me any insight to how your residency has been? Thank you!

Hello!

I'm a current dental student interested in a TMD & Orofacial Pain Residency. Could you give me any insight to how your residency has been? Thank you!

Sure. it is an interesting field which combines medicine and dentistry. Typically, it involves managing patients who present with chronic non-odontogenic oral and facial pain including TMD, neuralgia, migraine, PDAP, etc. This multi-modal management is usually done together with a team of physical therapist, health psychologist, etc. Words can't probably describe our day to day interactions but feel free to reach out with any questions!

Sure. it is an interesting field which combines medicine and dentistry. Typically, it involves managing patients who present with chronic non-odontogenic oral and facial pain including TMD, neuralgia, migraine, PDAP, etc. This multi-modal management is usually done together with a team of physical therapist, health psychologist, etc. Words can't probably describe our day to day interactions but feel free to reach out with any questions!

Thank you for the information! I sent you a message!