Physical Therapy school notes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SalwaGirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Ya'll,

I was wondering and hoping that someone in physical therapy school right now (i'm so jealous!) would be able to send me some notes from your DPT program. It doesn't matter what type - just anything - powerpoint lectures, syllabus, etc?

I have nothing to do for 8 hours every after work (teaching english to students here in Kazan - peace corps) and slept my fill. I'm just really really excited and looking forward to being a physical therapist some day and i'd love to see what it is that you guys study. Maybe I can start learning some of it on my own since i've got nothing else to do at the moment.

I downloaded (shhh) for free these 3 books because I hear that they are the most common books used in physical therapy school (Osullivan, Goodman, Kisner) but just reading a book cover to cover is not the same as studying a single powerpoint lesson at a time.

What do ya'll say? Can you help a US expatriate out?? :D :naughty:

Members don't see this ad.

Although I wasn't in the Peace Corps, I spent 2 years working in an extremely remote area of the Sahara desert. It was hard to keep my sanity at times since there is nothing to do for entertainment.

Here is a tip: go on Amazon.com and download their free Kindle reader, which allows you to read ebooks on your laptop. Then go to this site and pick out free ebooks:
http://onehundredfreebooks.com/
It's updated continuously, so keep checking.

As for PT lectures: I suggest you first get a good grounding in anatomy. I've found these lectures to be very helpful:
http://www.youtube.com/user/lochness128

BTW, I hope you're taking trips outside of Kazan. Not many folks have a chance to visit the "stan" countries.

Do-cvidania!

Read Principles of Neuro Science by Kandel.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey thanks so much! I make a trip out to Moscow or St Petersburg and i'm hoping to visit the surrounding "stans" also.
I actually took anatomy in college already. I also downloaded the 3 most commonly used DPT books as ebooks. However, reading a big book without any sort of organization (like they give you in class powerpoints) is difficult. That's why I was specifically hoping to get some actual class notes or powerpoints so I could learn like a real student learns. Right now, i'm in a small room in a complex and I have my laptop and my mind for entertainment. That's it. Outside, it's just grey and cold. If I had food and DPT notes right now, i'd be the happiest camper in Kazan! :luck:

Although I wasn't in the Peace Corps, I spent 2 years working in an extremely remote area of the Sahara desert. It was hard to keep my sanity at times since there is nothing to do for entertainment.

Here is a tip: go on Amazon.com and download their free Kindle reader, which allows you to read ebooks on your laptop. Then go to this site and pick out free ebooks:
http://onehundredfreebooks.com/
It's updated continuously, so keep checking.

As for PT lectures: I suggest you first get a good grounding in anatomy. I've found these lectures to be very helpful:
http://www.youtube.com/user/lochness128

BTW, I hope you're taking trips outside of Kazan. Not many folks have a chance to visit the "stan" countries.

Do-cvidania!

I-tunes University has some lectures and videos. One of the PTA schools on there has videos. It has been a while since I looked at them, but I think that they have ones that demonstrate manual muscle testing. I would be somewhat careful about doing the tests because you don't want to learn them wrong and then have to unlearn (not sure if that is a word) and then relearn them the correct way. Your PT program may also have specific ways that they would like the tests done.

I would agree with jblil and start with anatomy, and then maybe kinesiology. I know that you took anatomy in college, but it is usually much more detailed in PT school (specific origins and insertions, nerves, spinal levels, and multiple actions). You can get flash cards for anatomy (I like the ones by Muscolino published by Elsevier). A good kinesiology book is Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System by Neumann.

I would suggest getting the anatomy down pat, and then look at kinesiology. Once you have both of those down, the rest makes a lot more sense.