Physician Assistant doing Fluoro Guided Procedures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your insurance contract will not allow you to invoice them for your time. I will only do P2P with a patient in the office and bill for the time it takes.

Not sure why patients feel entitled to using a physician time for free.
They wouldn’t expect this from a lawyer who spent far less time on their education.

I’ll never do email with patients. If they call my office about something and it will take more than 30 seconds for me to deal with it, they have to come in for an appointment.

Agree. I do the same. I’m not going to fight with their insurance company for free. The patient choose the cheapest plan and so this is what happens.

For that visit I bill for time , but if my staff has to do a lot of legwork I include that in the time. “Coordination of care”

Insurance companies are being cheap so I ensure they pay an extra $100 for putting me through this hassle.
Brilliant moves! You both are a lot smarter and savvier than I am. This is what it takes to survive in this environment.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree. I do the same. I’m not going to fight with their insurance company for free. The patient choose the cheapest plan and so this is what happens.

For that visit I bill for time , but if my staff has to do a lot of legwork I include that in the time. “Coordination of care”

Insurance companies are being cheap so I ensure they pay an extra $100 for putting me through this hassle.
i used to feel bad about charging patients extra or "nickel and diming them"

not anymore. that is for suckers or young docs who dont know better. the article talks about PCPs who spend their evenings at home answering emails. WTF? why would you do that?

patients want to talk to me, they make an appointment. MA or assistants can handle routine questions or basic MRI readings.

only time i call patients is when i find cancer or some other badness on imaging, and i want to coordinate things and explain as best i can

Reactions: 5 users
i will send quick email responses if the question is very simple. "as we discussed, we will look at the images at your next appointment. no acute surgical findings."

or "if you are having side effects from the medication, go ahead and stop taking. we will discuss alternatives at your next appointment."

anything more complicated - staff told to schedule follow up.