physician contract reviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jumponit

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone suggest a company or group that you've used to review your new job contract?
I've heard of lawyers doing it, but I was looking for a more comprehensive company (similar to http://whitecoatinvestor.com/physician-contract-reviews-contract-diagnostics/) that could actually assist me through the process of negotiating with the new company.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

ALWAYS get a lawyer. Generally speaking, a lawyer will end up cheaper (your mileage may vary, but I'm basing this on NYC and the services available here both lawyer based and non) than those services and will likely get you the same amount of stuff you want. But dont get just any lawyer. There are lawyers that specialize in this stuff. Its advice Ive gotten from numerous lawyers in my family (Theyre all criminal or real estate, but they are always telling me that id be assinine to not have a medical lawyer look over any contract).

I have a vague relationship (they are the council for a group I'm associated with) with the NYC-based group of Kern, Augustine, Conroy, & Schoppmann. I know they work in a lot of different states and they have gotten rave reviews for what they got out of contracts for various attendings I know. I'm linking to their website not to sell them (find what works for you) but because they do this stuff ALL the time and their website can probably help you get some answers and/or at least give you an idea of the type of lawyer youre looking for. www.drlaw.com

I could go on for a while about stuff to negotiate for (Its something Ive been lectured on ad nauseum, despite just being a newly minted resident), but your best off with just 'always have a lawyer who works in the medical field look it over' and take it from there yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.