Physician Solutions, LP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alphaholic06

Doctor, Who? Me?
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone use them as their as their insurance carrier? If so pro/cons of using their services? I received several emails about them over the last several weeks. They seem to target physicians who are independent contractors.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I use them. Decent coverage. Pretty expensive. The idea was to pull money from a lot of doctors to form a corporation(Physician LP) and then purchase insurance plans (Aetna, BCBS, Cigna, etc.) as an entity, as most companies do. The goal was to create a cheaper and better insurance for 1099 doctors. In my case, the price and plan are similar to what I'd get in the open market.

It could be cost-saving for you, depending on your family dynamics and how much healthcare needs you have. I rarely use my insurance so I feel like I'm paying too much.

Yeah I used them and dropped them you can find a healthcare plan from healthcare.gov at a cheaper cost

Also the plans at healthcare.gov you just buy directly from Cigna or whatever they also give you points for things like going to the pcp

Physician solutions LP was very expensive they take like 2k a month from your account then give you some money back twice a month

Just by dropping the plan and just getting a plan with CIGNA I still get my high deductible plan and I save about 7000 a year with the same coverage.

I would suggest going on the marketplace and comparing the plan to get from physician solutions. LP.

Also think to yourself why are they targeting physicians? What is unique about physicians that you can't get on the open Market?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I use them. The only plans available on the market for me are Kaiser (not so good around my area) and some insurance company that isn't well accepted. Physician Solutions is using Cigna. Don't have any issues out of them. They cover things when deductible is met. Highly recommend them if you're an IC looking for insurance.

I have cigna as well but I got it from the Market place same coverage but cheaper

I thought you had to be an IC associated with some of the large CMGs. E.g. TH but not Envision, etc.?

I thought you had to be an IC associated with some of the large CMGs. E.g. TH but not Envision, etc.?

This is true. However, after looking through all other plans, at least in my area in the south, you can get whatever plan physicians solutions offer and multiple more options on healthcare.gov if you’re an independent contractor